Panasonic A400 (TX-32A400) AVForums TV Review

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by hodg100, Jul 25, 2014.

1. hodg100

hodg100
      Reviewer & News Writer

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +4,457
    2. MAX1210

MAX1210

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1,239
      Haha - I wasn't expecting this TV to be reviewed anywhere- and it's pretty accurate imho.

We're selling through the compulsory display stocking plans of the A400 series and NEVER ordering any more in.

3. Loopthrough

Loopthrough

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +522
      Although I'm not interested in this model, it's good to see reviews of budget/less AVF popular models as there's very little thorough testing of them online. Would be interested to see one of the KDL50W705 by Sony too if possible.

As for 720p I really don't understand why these panels are still on the market.

The worst thing is there are tons of people out there who buy this TV and think the picture is great and that this is a "good Panasonic" (check out the Amazon reviews). 100s of British homes are having movie nights.... on this! Eek!

4. zzoli

zzoli

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +17
      We've got this TV, the 50" version. Not a bad TV, but there's an annoying feature: except in Dynamic mode the picture dims and brightens depending on the content of the screen. If there's a dim scene, the screen quickly dims until you can hardly see anything. If some brighter objects appear in the scene the picture starts to brighten.
      There are no options in the menu related to this dynamic backlight control. What were Panasonic thinking?
      Is there anything I can do about this?