Panasonic A400 (TX-32A400) AVForums TV Review

Haha - I wasn't expecting this TV to be reviewed anywhere- and it's pretty accurate imho.

We're selling through the compulsory display stocking plans of the A400 series and NEVER ordering any more in.

Although I'm not interested in this model, it's good to see reviews of budget/less AVF popular models as there's very little thorough testing of them online. Would be interested to see one of the KDL50W705 by Sony too if possible.

As for 720p I really don't understand why these panels are still on the market.

The worst thing is there are tons of people out there who buy this TV and think the picture is great and that this is a "good Panasonic" (check out the Amazon reviews). 100s of British homes are having movie nights.... on this! Eek!

We've got this TV, the 50" version. Not a bad TV, but there's an annoying feature: except in Dynamic mode the picture dims and brightens depending on the content of the screen. If there's a dim scene, the screen quickly dims until you can hardly see anything. If some brighter objects appear in the scene the picture starts to brighten.
There are no options in the menu related to this dynamic backlight control. What were Panasonic thinking?
Is there anything I can do about this?

I have a Panasonic TX-32A400 with a very annoying fault. It does not always start, then I have to pull the mains plug and wait a minute before replacing it. Even then it does not always start, so I pull the plug again. The running led will turn from red, standby, to flashing green, starting, to solid green when on. When the fault occurs, it will either stay red, or go straight to solid green. Its the same from both the remote and the front switch. Sometimes it can go several days before not starting. It does not matter if it is left on standby, or the mains is turned off. I reset it to delivery condition, it improved for a few days, but the fault soon returned. The power supply board was replaced, it made no difference.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom