1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 95H DVD-R finalising problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Maximus5, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Maximus5

Maximus5
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody,

I've just got a Panasonic 95H DVD recorder a couple of days ago and of course while going through the manual I tried to make some basic recordings on HDD and DVD-R.

I had no problem with HDD recordings and I managed to transfer some old camcorder videos to HDD. Than I've made some editing, prepared a 2h 45 minutes playlist and recorded with FR on DVD-R. Till now no problem except that FR recoding is not high speed so it basically takes 3h to record a 3h video. But than when I tried to finalise a DVD-R I've got in a middle of the process a message "Could not finalise".

What is wrong? Me or faulty DVD-R or something else?

Thanks for the help.

2. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Without using another disc you'll never know if the disc or the player. The general rule of thumb to eliminate one or the other is to use a disc made by the recorder manufacturer to see if it works.

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Its likely to be the media, I have just thrown away a load of mirror platinum media that would not record reliably and the replacement datawrite yellows are working properly. Even good makes get some duff media output, I had 5 in a row out of a bundle of 50 some time agao that all failed, the rest were fine.