Panasonic 820 7.1 analog use

Graso

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all I’ve just got a Panasonic 820 I’m using the analog audio outs to my old Pioneer Ax5i reciever for some reason I can’t get any signal to sub with BBCi player or You Tube .
Netflix Prime and Blu-ray Disc all work fine has anyone else had this problem please?

Hi all I’ve just got a Panasonic 820 I’m using the analog audio outs to my old Pioneer Ax5i reciever for some reason I can’t get any signal to sub with BBCi player or You Tube .
Netflix Prime and Blu-ray Disc all work fine has anyone else had this problem please?
Does iplayer do 5.1? If no .1 track, no .1 being sent. Same for Youtube.
So I'm guessing it is a Pioneer configuration issue (expand 2 channel to 5.1 channels) and/or the iplayer/Youtube apps on the UB820 don't offer 5.1.

Despite broadcasting some HD programmes, such as The Proms, in 5.1 surround sound, all content on iPlayer is only available in stereo. BBC iPlayer review

Netflix, Prime and blu-ray all have 5.1, hence they work OK.

Does iplayer do 5.1? If no .1 track, no .1 being sent. Same for Youtube.
So I'm guessing it is a Pioneer configuration issue (expand 2 channel to 5.1 channels) and/or the iplayer/Youtube apps on the UB820 don't offer 5.1.

Despite broadcasting some HD programmes, such as The Proms, in 5.1 surround sound, all content on iPlayer is only available in stereo. BBC iPlayer review

Netflix, Prime and blu-ray all have 5.1, hence they work OK.
Ah yes thanks that makes sense although it’s a little disappointing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom