Panasonic 8 Series UK Pricing

Gussie

Established Member
Reaction score
Something strange going on ...

I see very welcome price drops on the 42PWD8 - a drop of nearly £300 in just 8 weeks! Down to just £1295 inc stand - delivered!

How come?

Are we about to see some major drops in the HD screens aswell?

In the US the difference between the 42PWD8 and 42PHD8 is under £300! and that between the 42PHD8 and 50PHD8 is under £500!

Are Panasonic UK (at least the Business side) about to do the unthinkable and realise that they need to price more realistically to meet their expected sales targets.

I've said it before and I'll repeat it again - just hang on to those wallets a little more - I'm convinced we are about to see some major price drops!

Gussie :)

Let's hope so...

Could this be down the imminent arrival of HD services?

The type of people who buy panels rather than tv will be clued up on HD. They are waiting for HD panels so have not been purchasing SD in the same numbers as previous years. This means SD panels have to come down in price to try and sell them?

With Sky HD round the corner the greater demand will now be for HD panels. If so then price cuts on HD may not follow for some time yet.

:(

Kenji-san

That site lists the Th-42phd8ek/es for 2.399,00 € which is about £1,666 I wonder what the carriage from Germany would add? :rolleyes:

Like your thinking dgc... that would certainly be plausible...

That said, and I'm spittballing here, I imagine that we AV enthusiasts buying panels would probably be outnumbered by corporate panel purchasers and HD in the boardroom might not be as high a priority, peut être?

Boardrooms need hi res for other reasons, Neil, like .xls on the panel, and suchlike. Not many boadrooms will pay for skyHD it's true, but most have a DVD player, lots have sky. I guess HD will filter through to the boardroom market eventually. A forum member's boardroom with a 10ft rear pro unit will be 1st in the queue I should think. Good thing the projector is HD ready!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom