Panasonic 75" Ultra HD 4K LED Television- TX-75HX940B

scoobysmiff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking to upgrade my old Panasonic Plasma 65VT30 as I want to go down the 4K route. The TV is THIS one that I am thinking about when it is eventually released so, has anyone got any idea of how it will look/perform and what sort of pricing it is going to be when released. Obviously I've looked at the competition and Samsung have the Q90 but it doesn't have Dolby Video so I've discounted it based on that even though the price is agreeable at the moment - I want to future proof as much as I can so I want all formats that are currently available.

I've also seen this: Panasonic TX-75GXW945 in a German retailer and was wondering if it's the fore mentioned TV but for the German market only - the price is exceptionally agreeable from Germany so I was wondering if it's worth the effort (when lockdown is over) to get one from there (not that much effort tbh either as I travel to mainland Europe on a regular basis for work) It looks to be the same TV to me tbh?

What do you guys think?

Looking at the stand and the colour of the bezel, the German model looks more like this which is available now in the UK and is cheaper.

Yeah it does actually, I didn't think there was a current 75" Panasonic in the UK at the moment, looks like I completely missed it...

Anyone know how it performs?

Still might wait for the new model though 🤔

I see from the specs that this does have HDMI 2.1 but not HDMI eARC. It also has Dolby Atmos, so is it possible to pass Atmos from an onboard app like Netflix to an AV processor or sound bar via HDMI 2.1 (without eARC)?
It looks on paper to be a really good TV and with Panasonic's reputation represents a bargain at around £2500 for a 75 inch model. No reviews so far that I can find.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom