1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 700 'ghosting'

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by marioc, Mar 27, 2005.

1. marioc

marioc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently upgraded my beloved PTAE 200E for the Panny 700 expecting great things. The contrast and brightness is superb as is control over image throw and positioning. However my only gripes are that the image is spoiled by what I can only describe as outline ghosting in some scenes, in addition the colours seem 'warm'. e.g. amber skin tones

I have it hooked up to my 6 year old Pioneer DV 717 via SVHS.
    Does the 700 need a better source if not forgiving of older technology or do I need to do some tweaking.

I'm considering the Panasonic S97 using hdmi, will it work without any hassle and will it make a significant or negligible difference to image quality

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Well I've asked similar questions about the Samsung HD745 - and got nowhere really. My guess is that it will be an improvement but there will be something somewhere which will be a downside. I've sorta decided to take the plunge and run it side by side with my Pio 575 via component (demote my beloved Pio 525 to kids duty - sob ;) ) . I suspect it's gonna be horses for courses. My main concern is the 15m DVI cable run I need. For you, if it's a short cable run, and especially considering you are currently using S-vid, I think it will be a noticable improvement. Whether it sorts out the "haloing" then it's difficult to tell...PJ :)