1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic 700 flashes light then dak

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Tyjay, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Tyjay

Tyjay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,839
    first off many appologies if this has been covered before but iv searched and found nowt.
    Anyway i love this projector since around 500hrs ish iv started to notice that the picture will go from normal to dim then back to normal again
    basically the picture is flashing, strange thing is it dosent do everytime i watch it but most times it does.
    This is from sky to component to rgb it happens on all inputs inc hdmi, iv done the flicker tweak on it everytime its used which dosent have any affect with this problem is the bulb dying or is it more serious than that.
    I run it on low power and has never been set any higher as it dont seem to make a great deal of diffrence to my eye's
    any help info would be greatly appreciated
    ty

2. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Sounds like the dreaded brightness flicker to me , is it still under warranty, if so get it back to panasoinic for repair. Do a search for brightness flicker there are quite a few threads on here about it.

3. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    It sounds suspiciously like your bulb is about to expire :(

Adrenochrome.