1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 675 AutoClock Adjustment

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by shaktti, May 18, 2001.

Tags:
  1. shaktti

shaktti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone else had a problem with the Auto Clock facility with their Pani video. Each morning the Pani video is supposed to re-check its clock with teletext/ceefax. It doesn't. New arial has been checked and it has a direct connection to the Pani. Panasonic is blaming BBC for not consistingly broadcasting the PDC signal. Is this true? Where do I go from here.....?

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    A very, very, very common problem that crops up.
    In the past the BBC engineering service got the stick for the problem, especially when the time changed to summer time. Don't ask me why, I don't know the answer to that one.
    But yes, PDC is not 100% reliable for various reasons. Excellent system when it works, as it does for the majority of people!

Just before I left my old works, I dealt with exactly this problem but on a Sanyo VCR.
    They too had their aerial checked out which is fine, however the received signal strength is vital!!! Sanyo stated to us that it needed to be 65db+ I think for the vcr to operate the auto stuff correctly, and their signal was only at 58 - 60db max. No where near enough, and their aerial bloke had said it was good enough. Yes for 'watching' a pic and text services, but pants for the vcr requirements.
    See what your signal strenght is, if your aerial man left a write up he should have stated it.
    Your only options are, live with it, do something about the signal strength or get another vcr that doesn't have any auto functions (but they prac. all do these days).

3. samhassall

samhassall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try selecting Channel 4 as your Autoclock guide rather that Channel 1 (BBC1), which is usually the default setting. C4 seems a LOT more reliable than the BBC. Also not using Autoclock can affect your timer adversely according to my instruction book with my JVC HRS-8700.