Panasonic 58V10 v Pioneer 6090

VistaVision

Established Member
Reaction score
Having waited for quite some time for my 6090, only to find the promised stock didn't materialise, I'm now waiting on the off chance of a European model 6090 turning up. In the meantime I've been searching for a possible replacement for the Kuro. I've now read some very positive reviews of the 58 V10, where blacks are described as almost being up to Kuro levels, the HD picture equalling the Kuro, but SD being slightly softer. Has any one had the chance to compare these two panels? I'm torn between hanging on, on the off chance the 6090 arrives or saving some money and going down the Panny option. Any advice would be much appreciated.:lease:

If your using it for some sd id try and get the pioneer it will walk all over the panny in that department and id say the hd should be better as well.:)

I see you have the 507,i have the 427 and the upgrade to the 509 was well worth the money,better blacks,colour and detail with hd.
Its the first tv ive had where im not interested in an upgrade.:smashin:

Many thanks Pete. Spending this kind of money I wanted to be absolutely sure that I was going to see a marked improvement from my 507 in both SD and HD. It might also impress the bank manager!!!

i upgraded from the 508 to 6090 it was a big imprvement. As for blacks when it displays an all black screen it looks like the TV is off

............ or saving some money and going down the Panny option. Any advice would be much appreciated.:lease:

The Panny V10 option is well worth considering as the difference between the V10 and the Pio is not justified by the price difference between them..!

Many thanks, gebbel, now I am confused!!! When spending this kind of money I'm obviously looking for optimum picture quality, both SD and HD. The largest V10 around here on display is the 50" and it looked very good. If the difference between the two panels is that small then i'm not sure which way to go. The Panny has the advantage of the THX setting, the stand isn't extra, has built in speakers if required and is about £400 cheaper. The Pioneer does appear in all the reviews I have read as being the standard all other panels have to try to reach in picture quality and it has an extra 2 inches!:suicide:

I saw both sets set up correctly side by side at LEConcepts in the Metro Centre. I bought the Pio without hesitation. Hard to explain how much better the Pio looked, it just was and then some. Best thing I've ever bought..

Thanks, Sicoe. What were the deciding factors that made you choose the Pioneer?

hi mate

well basically im a very very fussy person, ive always been a dlp man but now im at the stage where i need a tv to go behind my projector.

so the plasma will be for a lot of sd viewing as the sim2 projector will take most of the high def stuff.

everybody has said that the pioneer is better for sd so this has what has made my mind up.

however ive just found out my wife is expecting her first child :thumbsup: so ive literally had to cancel my order :eek: as cant really justify spending that amount of money now

however it would of been the pioneer but i guess ill never know :rolleyes:

VistaVision,

Pioneer plasmas and Panasonic plasmas produce different looking images, each have pluses & minuses, and each have their fans. If possible go and look at both properly setup in realistic settings and buy the one you prefer.

Sicoe, many congratulations to you and your wife on the news of your first born. In the list of priorities, I agree, the Pioneer 6090 is pretty low. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

many thanks vista vision for the above comments

after a lot of pursuasion ive finally pursuaded the missus to let me have the 6090 and luckily my local dealer had a cancellation so ive now got the 6090h :thumbsup:

guys its a great set, ive got bumptious settings and put them all in however i feel its a little dark using movie mode and those settings.

is this what most people are using.

i mostly will be watching footy on it sd and hd but also normal tv soaps for the missus etc, do i still use the movie mode with bumptious settings for this also.

ill be most greatful for your help :thumbsup:

I thought movie mode was dark too so I fiddled with other settings but I've found that you get used to it, especially at night. During the day in a bright room, movie mode may indeed be too dark.
Have a mess about and try some different settings, it'll be fun!:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom