Panasonic 58HX820B (2020) have to sign into bbc iplayer and other apps every time.

gubbomanyes

Novice Member
I bought the above tv very recently as I wanted freeview play, (getting rid of sky). However i have encountered an annoying issue. Every time I turn the TV on from either being totally switched off or from standby, I have to re sign into any of the apps I want to use. For example BBC IPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4. This renders the freeview play option fairly useless as anytime you want to “watch programme from start by pressing green button” it becomes a case or resigning into that channels app. Had a ‘live chat‘ with panasonic. Their agent asked me to reset to factory settings and ensure software is up to date, which i duly did but to no avail. Said they’d email me of a solution but heard nothing as yet (contacted them several days ago). Accessing the same apps through Apple TV is seamless. Sign in once and away you go.
Purchased from John Lewis with a five year guarantee so ill consider sending it back if issue persists. Any feeback or suggestions would be welcomed. Many thanks

AliMax

Novice Member
Thank you for your reply. Since following the DVB update I mentioned above, there don't seem to be the menu options shown on the internet for retuning.
And it does bring to mind that about 40 years ago in a different part of town there were two different transmitters producing a signal.
Glad there are fora like this for the technologically challenged!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Anthem AVM 70 Review, EQing Your Home Cinema Sound System and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom