Panasonic 55AS650B vs 55AS740B

Apnomis

I've been waiting for the Panasonic 55AS740B to come out because after the whole Sony debacle with their new top model this one seemed perfect to cover my needs (I was very close to getting the ET61 from John Lewis but decided to wait it out as the 3D quality wasn't great).

John Lewis are now selling both these models and with £200 cashback. HiSpek are also selling them £200 cheaper (with the cashback on top) so I'm going to try and get a price match if I can.

However I just wanted to check that the screen picture quality/technology on the AS650B was identical to the AS740B? I know the 740B has FreeSat, a built in camera, an extra USB 3.0 port, the option for a one cable system, and a different frame design, but is that all the differences?

If so I'm very tempted to go for AS650B on the basis that I will never need FreeSat or 3 USB ports, I can hide the cables, and as long as the it looks nice I'm not bothered what another TV looks like. I'll never need the camera either, and if I did you can plug one into the 650B if needed (I'm not overly keen on the idea of my TV always 'looking' at me anyway tbh).

What do you reckon, is it worth paying the extra £200 for the 740B or should I just save a couple of hundred quid and get the 650B?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom