Panasonic 55" TX55HX700B - Help needed please

ShrillockHolmes

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm new to these forums.

We recently purchased this Panasonic TV and I've noticed that during quiet scenes (no dialogue or music), the TV audio cuts out. I'm currently watching "A Quiet Place" and it's very jarring as the audio only comes back in when a character speaks or when music plays. I have an LG Blu-Ray player connected to the TV with a HDMI cable as well as a Sky Q box. I've tried using a Sony blu-ray player in a different HDMI socket but the same thing happens.

Does anyone know what could be causing this or if there's a fix for it?

Thanks in advance,
Keith

It has to be asked…have you tried a different disc/movie as the whole story of that particular movie is for the characters not to make any noise whatsoever as that's what alerts the alien creatures to their presence.

It has to be asked…have you tried a different disc/movie as the whole story of that particular movie is for the characters not to make any noise whatsoever as that's what alerts the alien creatures to their presence.

Thanks for replying.

I've tried multiple movies and it happens on all of them. Not just blu-rays either, it also happens on Netflix and my Sky box.

Are you using the TV's internal speakers?
if you are try setting the audio output to PCM on the Bluray player and go into the Sky Q menu…Home/Settings/Setup/Audio visual/Digital audio output HDMI and change it from Dolby Digital to Normal and check if that cures it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom