Panasonic 55- & 65-inch EZ952 4K HDR OLED TV & 77-inch EZ1002 announced

The article is tagged with "Dolby Vision (HDR)", but no mention or confirmation in the article. Is the set actually going to include Dolby Vision?

No 3D as with all LG Display panels for 2017 >
So do we know if the difference between models is simply audio (are they saying like LG that the picture quality will be the same across the models) and the EZ1002 can have upload LUT's?
Still a bit annoyed there is no DV (although I know we have yet to see it in action from a disc perspective, but its theory sounds good).
While no price announcement, did they indicate when they will release that info or are all manufactures waiting to see what price the first manufacturer out the gate starts at (think its rumoured LG may be next month)?

No 3D available on any 2017 OLED panel ... I have heard Panasonic have dropped 3D altogether.

At last a company with the common sense to provide a high-end TV without a costly sound option that a typical high-end TV customer doesn't need as they will already own a decent Amp.

Just a shame they've ruined this wise decision by not providing 3D.

A LG E6 model shall remain top of my purchase list...

The article is tagged with "Dolby Vision (HDR)", but no mention or confirmation in the article. Is the set actually going to include Dolby Vision?
I read elsewhere it doesn't have DV as announced at CES - would be still nice to know if they change their mind, can the SoC have it added (like the Sony's)?

Sounds frustrating more like. I guess with breaking news detail is scarce but?

1. Anyone realistically wanting the previously announced 65" EZ1002, doesn't need a soundbar. When I first read the headline I thought great, you have the option with or without now, as different model numbers.
2. But now it seems they instead are releasing inferior panel models for the masses at 55" and 65" without soundbar.

Who makes this up? Surely the cheaper models deserve the soundbar, and the premium model should be all about the panel. Surely they aren't going to foist a soundbar on the 77" model? The 65" without soundbar, if less than £5k will be mine no question. Given the price differential to their last flagship range Panansonic may be tempted to price keenly.

Of course no RRP or street pricing. Does anyone know a reason for these companies releasing details and availability but not price? Surely if the price is announced I can make an impulse decision to pre-order, and retailers can take pre-orders. But by waiting the next manufacturer can announce their next shiny thing, and then I've forgotten about this one. I don't get it. And please don't say Brexit, this has always been the case, current currency fluctuations aside.

No such thing as inferior panel models - every panel is the same quality across the board according to LG. It also has the HCX2 processor so unless you were going to use your own LUT it should do the same job as the flagship OLED.

Basically you are paying for the design, soundbar and professional LUT option ...

No such thing as inferior panel models - every panel is the same quality across the board according to LG. It also has the HCX2 processor so unless you were going to use your own LUT it should do the same job as the flagship OLED.

Basically you are paying for the design, soundbar and professional LUT option ...

Sorry, I realise that, but I meant the screen, and everything associated. i.e. from the article, these cheaper models will not have the absolute black filter, and inputs/controls for using as a professional quality panel. Interestingly the Panasonic website currently shows no difference at all when compared other than the high-end one supports 3D. This is very likely an error, but how these manufacturers can't get the specs right for their own websites bemuses me.

I think it looks rather attractive and has small feet separation too!
If it is basically the same without soundbar + lut uploading, consider me very interested...
Assuming Steve W is over there and we may get more info later?

According to reports the differences between this and the top of the range model:

• Master HDR OLED Panel;
  • Absolute Black Filter to soak up ambient light and reduce reflections/ magenta tinting in brighter rooms; and
  • Technics-tuned Dynamic Blade Speaker system.

Why do companies like Panasonic insist on throwing on something like a sound bar for their high end models? I would have thought that people willing to spend more then £4k on a TV would already have a decent sound system; I don't want to pay for something I will never use.

I also don't see the point in not supporting DV when it seems the other manufacturers are. If their top end TV came without a soundbar and with DV support, I'd be all over it. As it is, I need to wait until they are all out and work out what is worth compromising on, when I shouldn't be compromising on anything when spending that amount on a TV.

well i really don't know which 55" Oled to go for after this....still think DV missing is a big ommission, release timing of the varoius models might be a deciding factor especially if Sony's Oled doesn't come out till autumn....if they all come out near enough together it shall be the one with best near black handling gets my money .

I didn't see this one coming at all. Interesting !!!
Just wish pana included dv and then it will be a tough call

Looks like this is the TV I've been waiting for.
They even sorted the stand for once, well done pana
Do me a favour, add Dolby vision to make my life hell choosing between you and sony (not ignoring lg)

That's been changed, no Dolby Vision announced.

IMG_8325.JPG

According to hdtvtest these are the differences between this and the top of the range model:

• Master HDR OLED Panel;
  • Absolute Black Filter to soak up ambient light and reduce reflections/ magenta tinting in brighter rooms; and
  • Technics-tuned Dynamic Blade Speaker system.
I wonder what "Master HDR OLED Panel" actually means? Hand-Picked as best spec from the production line, or specially optimised/coated?
Black Filter also sounds useful to have in a normal room environment.
As for the speakers, who gives a £$%&!

They even sorted the stand for once, well done pana
Do me a favour, add Dolby vision to make my life hell choosing between you and sony (not ignoring lg)
Or let us know if it can be added at a future date (like the Sony Z9), would be miffed if I splash the cash this year and the 2018 range finally adds DV due to customer feedback/industry acceptance.....

Well I'm interested! Im not that impressed by LG build quality and my TV has been fixed once already.
Im after a new 55 later this year and can live without 3D and hate built in soundbars.
Cant wait to see one in the flesh.Was preparing to buy a B7...

I wonder what "Master HDR OLED Panel" actually means? Hand-Picked as best spec from the production line, or specially optimised/coated?
Black Filter also sounds useful to have in a normal room environment.
As for the speakers, who gives a £$%&!
yeah, not sure if its the fact you can upload your own LuT, its like a professional mastering panel, v consumer....would be nice to have that defined...maybe its 12bit :eek:

This ticks all my boxes

Oled
No sound bar
Simplest and easy to use OS
HDR Game mode

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom