Panasonic 50V10 advise

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by joe-turbo, Sep 12, 2012.

1. joe-turbo

joe-turbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have had my 50V10 for around 2-3 years now, still love it.

I have a couple of questions,

I have recently moved and can now use freesat, would it be best to run this first to my Yamaha 756 reciever (to upscale) then to the tv? I read something about iplayer? do I get that through freesat?

How do I check what version of software is on the tv (i updated it once years ago), I do not have broadband at the new place yet, is there another way to update the software?

Does viera cast work through broadband?

I generally keep the tv on THX for everything.

Thanks for any advise

2. StevieBuck

StevieBuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +674
    You cannot run the Freesat video feed through the receiver if you are using the TV's internal Freesat tuner. You would need to be using a standalone Freesat box to do that. Even then, you won't know if your receiver is any better at upscaling than the Freesat box or your TV without trying them all out yourself.

Content for the BBC iPlayer is delivered via the internet. It is available on Freesat boxes, but these still require an internet connection. Same goes for the Viera Cast content - you need an internet connection for that.

If you press the menu button on the remote, then go to Setup > System menu you can check the TV's current firmware version and update if possible. I'm not sure if it's possible to download firmware updates from a PC then run it from a USB.

3. joe-turbo

joe-turbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    thanks for the relpy, thought that may be the case. The picture quality seems fine to me, just wondered if it would be worth upscaling but as this is not possible through the receiever I wont worry about it.

I tried Iplayer last nigt and as you say, need internet connection. I have checked all the main broad band suppliers in ashford kent and the best I can get (without going fibre) is "up to 4mb" costing around £25 (including line rental), wont that struggle to stream video? (parents generally got around 16mb in essex)