1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 50PV500 - wrong cabinet supplied :(

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by fuzzb, Aug 30, 2005.

1. fuzzb

fuzzb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

I placed an order for a 50PV500 and the cabinet stand (TY-S50PX500W) at the end of July but haven't had the chance to set it up until now due to us moving house. When the plasma arrived I opened it and tested it to make sure everything was ok, but didn't check the cabinet model number as I presumed it was all ok.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I have been supplied with the TY-S50PX20W cabinet and the plasma doesn't fit properly on the cabinet.

I know I have been stupid not to check everything thoroughly, but is there anything I can do now? I have contacted the supplier (Gultronics) so I will wait to see what they say, but I can see them not being very cooperative.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this before? Does anyone know where I stand legally?

Thanks!

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,031
    I think until you have heard back from Gultronics, I wouldn't worry to much about the legal aspect. Any decent retailer would be willing to help. I take it you ordered the plasma and stand from the same people?

3. fuzzb

fuzzb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep I ordered them both from Gultronics in a bundle deal. I'm just a bit paranoid about how cooperative they will be after past experiences with other companies :)

4. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,031
    I think you should be fine. Thinking legal matters and stuff at this stage just causes anxiety. Only worry about it when it needs worrying about. Let us know how you get on :)

5. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you will be ok to Fuzz...its just a simple matter of a swap by the supplier and any reasonable supplier should be only to willing to make a prompt exchange...keep us updated..be nice to know how they handle this

6. Rapid 17

Rapid 17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I don't think you should worry too much matey, after all what have Gultronics got to gain by not putting their mistake right ? I,m sure they will do the swap for the correct cabinet. Geoff. :)

7. fuzzb

fuzzb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok well Gultronics have come through and delivered the replacement stand and took the old one away.

Looks like a result :)

Thanks for all the advice guys.