• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Panasonic 50PV500 1:1 Mapping Guide

A

avman69

sorry Jim, are you going in component to component to the pv500 then? Unfortunately I wish to try either dvi-i to component or vga to component which is a bit different, I believe you need some sort of vga box to achieve this, but certainly im very happy with the dvi to hdmi results im getting

Jim_Fear

Novice Member
Yeah you'll need to use a swish conversion box I think, I dont remember seeing any about though, and yeah mine is component to component, you can use a special dongle with certain ATi cards but i'm not sure of compatibility and I have seen nothing similar for nVidia cards.

http://www.ati.com/products/hdtvadapter/index.html

Do you not have a special S-Video like output on your graphics card?

gizlaroc

Distinguished Member
I have a component adapter with my nVidia card, not sure what card it is though, 6600 sounds familar but they are avaiilable.

Jim_Fear

Novice Member
Is it a DVI to Component adapter though?

gizlaroc

Distinguished Member
Jim_Fear said:
Is it a DVI to Component adapter though?
Well there is onlt 2 DVI outputs on the card, however I presume when you put the adpater on you have to tell the card to output YUV.

Jim_Fear

Novice Member
Yeah, mine doesn't plug into a DVI port though.

A

avman69

Does anyone know if you can buy these component adapters for nvidia cards on there own, or do you have to buy the card to get one bundled?

AndyH

Further hi-jacking this to a 37" PV500 thread.. I've been having another play with the telly settings in conjunction with Powerstrip (oldish GeForce 4 Ti4400 via VGA).

I got a bit stuck again with 1280x768 still being my fave as it makes widescreen work in MCE and other video players. My only nark is the 1cm or so black bars from the difference between 720 and 768.

The other odd thing I noticed on the desktop, which fills the screen, I have exactly 2 horizontal lines not being used. Now I've learnt what porches are I'm curious to fiddle further to see if these can be stretched out.

And are we still in agreement that the PV500 should be fed with a 60.04Hz refresh rate?

The other thing I've been fiddling with is the tiled background used to check 1:1 - I have a feeling that is a waste of time on the 37 PV500. I can get the pattern to shift subtly by fiddling with the telly settings but I'll be honest, I'm not sure what I'm doing!!

So, reading the recent posts here, am I right in thinking that a more modern card with component out and HDTV aware drivers might be a less hassle solution?

MRW

Novice Member
fuzzb,

Thanks for your initial post above, however, I must point out that I had to change the 'Input Resolution' in the 'PC Setup' menu to WXGA. My 50PV500 was set as XGA as default, and not matter what I tried, I could not get a clear image, until I set it to WXGA - now it's great!

Matthew

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom