Panasonic 50GT50 upgrade?


Active Member
I've bought a Sony 55x8509c tv and manage to get John Lewis to match at the famous £999 price, now I'm itching to open the thing up but at the same time I'm thinking do I need to upgrade? I've got an Nvidia shield box which is my android TV device though I can return that for £230 before xmas. Is it worth with little 4K content or would people wait till next year, Panasonic works great and still a great TV.

Any advice appreciated.

Also £1000-£230 if shield goes back, £770 outlay.


Active Member
A bump just seeing if anyone could advice. I've still got my GT50 with 6300 run time and 18 months left of my John Lewis warranty. Still interested in the x8509. Would be looking for 5.1 from the tv to a Yamaha 673.


A lot of people would think that was a downgrade, take a look at some of the other forum threads. There are many posts from people with Plasmas like yours asking whether they should upgrade or not. In a lot of cases the answer is its not worth it.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom