Question Panasonic 50DX750 4k tv settings for 4k gaming (Xbox One X)

IanM94

Novice Member
Can someone please help me find the best settings for a Panasonic 50DX750, so I can use my xbox one x without constantly changing them.
Particularly the viewing mode/ correct values of back-light, contrast, brightness, colour, & colour temp, etc...
All other settings are switched off, with hdr enabled, with the backlight control set to minimum.
Colour gamut set to rec. 2020 (which was advised by many tutorials.)
Any necessary adjustments to white balance, colour management, & gamma.
I have pure 4k direct enabled, which i think shows an overall improved image.
Hdmi content type is switched off
Hdmi eotf type set to traditional gamma, unsure which is the correct setting when HLG/PQ improves the viewing distance/lighting when playing rr2 & ac odyssey for example, but seriously affects darkness in game.
Hdmi rgb range is set to normal.
Also xbox one x settings are colour depth (8 bit) with colour space set to PC RGB, which helps eliminate texture problems with the likes of older games like gta 5.
I'd truly appreciate if someone could correct my mistakes so I can achieve true or near true 4k gaming. Thanks.

Waynej

Distinguished Member
I had that TV before upgrading to an OLED. I can't remember the settings specifically now. But I do recall I used to use Cinema for HDR and switch to True Cinema for SDR, as annoyingly the Backlight Control would remain on for Cinema when switching back to SDR.

Anyway, I found these useful at the time.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom