Panasonic 500 component problem!!

jim_is_ere

Help!! :confused: :confused:

I recently purchased a component lead for my 32 inch LCD Panny 500. I am connecting my JVC S-55 cinema surround system to it.

I have been having problems with the picture or the lack of it. I do get some sort of picture dark blue and pink!! on the JVC DVD menu page page - it should be light blue and white. When I play a dvd then I get no picture at all!! Sometimes it cuts in with a segment of screen showing in wierd colours but then back to nothing.

I have tried two types of cable and am getting the same result. I have looked through the settings and have found nothing that seems to help.

Has anyone out there had the same problem or know what I need to do :lease:

cheers

Jim

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Have you selected progressive mode on the dvd player by holding down the 'scan mode' for two seconds?

jim_is_ere

Yes, on the DVD menu page with no DVD. No difference, just a funny dark pictures that disappears when a I play a DVD

confused and p***d off!!!

Jim
:thumbsdow

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Have you got or can get a loan of another DVD player with progressive output?? According the manual not all TV's are compatiable with this DVD player for some reason. No idea why, but might be worth a quick call to JVC to check.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom