panasonic 50" px600 Vs sharp 45"

S

saurabhbatra

i am looking to buy a new tv and i cannot make up my mind between plasma or lcd... the deceission was much simpler till about a year ago when big lcd were just too expensive or too crappy.. but new sharp lcds are pretty good.. i am looking for something bigger than 42" so i am looking at panasonic 50" plasma or sharp 45" lcd let me tell you guys that we still do not have any hd programming in india so it will be mostly sd tv and mostly sports and also frequent ( about 4 times a week) movie watching on dvd... please suggest...

hornydragon

are you in india? Plasma fair far better with SD (if you get a good one) have a look at the Fujitsu P50XHA58EB teh best currently or a 50PHD8 Panny and a scaler like a DVDO or Lumagen

S

saurabhbatra

yup i am in india... and yes fujitsu is good but it is a panel without tv tuner or speaker i really would prefer a full tv with tuner and speakers though it will be hooked to my home theater.. i would only consider it if you guys feel that iit is significantly better than panasonic...

nikz06

Novice Member
The panel will be better than the Panny TV. How much do these sets cost in india? My family is from india lol! But keeping on topic the Panasonic wont let you down, it will handle SD material greatly, the Fujitsu will to but that is a panel so you would need a tuner, speakers etc etc

hornydragon

a DVD-R sat box etc can be your tuner (and you have speakers already) so why not a panel?

And yes it betetr than the panny Px600 and PHD8 even tho it uses the panasonic glass (best in the business)

suniil

what interface/output you have with the tuners in india?

i'm from india but now settled here

saurabhbatra said:
yup i am in india... and yes fujitsu is good but it is a panel without tv tuner or speaker i really would prefer a full tv with tuner and speakers though it will be hooked to my home theater.. i would only consider it if you guys feel that iit is significantly better than panasonic...

S

saurabhbatra

havent really checked but i think i should be able to component output but mostly composite...

S

saurabhbatra

so as u guys advised i am considering fujitsu but i just cant find any reviews on net for latest fujitsu model and places like cnet and plasmabuyingguide have old reviews but they dont rate the tv very highly so me confused again.. and where does pioneer stand amonggst these tvs i have read there elite series is also very good... please advise...

saurabh

Wasabi

Novice Member
saurabhbatra said:
so as u guys advised i am considering fujitsu but i just cant find any reviews on net for latest fujitsu model and places like cnet and plasmabuyingguide have old reviews but they dont rate the tv very highly so me confused again.. and where does pioneer stand amonggst these tvs i have read there elite series is also very good... please advise...

saurabh
The only essential information you need is this thread :thumbsup:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351499

wasabi

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom