Panasonic 5 Year Warranty

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by tribem, May 7, 2007.

1. tribem

tribem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to get a panasonic plasma tv,probably the 42px70 and was wondering do all retailers actually offer the 5 year warranty that i have heard about, obviously John Lewis do along with a few others.
    Is this a retailer type warranty or is the panasonic now supplied with 5 years warranty as standard.

2. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    theres an offer on for may where panasonic independent retailers are offering a free 5 year warranty. it appears you need to actually buy the tv in store to get the warranty. think you need to complete a form and return it with copy of your receipt.
    this is the link to the offer: http://www.experiencewhatothersjustsee.com/
    you can check your nearest retailer on the site. unfortunately for me all the decent priced retailers seem to be in england and the ones local to me(glasgow) are much more expensive.
    someone mentioned on another thread that they managed to get one of the dealers doing the warranty offer to price match so worth checking with your nearest one.

3. DuckButton

DuckButton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I got my local [email protected] dealer to get pretty close to matching Empire Directs (and John Lewis’s) price of £799 + delivery for the PX70 PED. They did it for £900 with free delivery and that’s with Panasonics own 5 year full warranty. They wouldn’t go any lower than that saying the others weren’t Panasonics warranty but the shops own.

I’d prefer to deal with a local shop just because it’s easier if anything goes wrong, you can just go in the shop and deal with someone.

Think they’re offering the free 5 year warranty for all of May.