• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic 5 year Warranty???!!

Jay

Banned
Can someone tell me what the current situation is with Panasonics 5 year warranty.

I am purchasing a plasma in a couple of hours and the dealer told me that it comes with the 5 year warranty, but I read that the warranty cut off date was gone.

alsina

Prominent Member
Can someone tell me what the current situation is with Panasonics 5 year warranty.

I am purchasing a plasma in a couple of hours and the dealer told me that it comes with the 5 year warranty, but I read that the warranty cut off date was gone.

The 5 year guarantee offer ends the end of June. Presumably you are buying instore rather than over the internet/phone?

Jay

Banned
The 5 year guarantee offer ends the end of June. Presumably you are buying instore rather than over the internet/phone?

Yes it's instore.

I never buy online as I like having a store to return to if I get any problems.

Anyway unless I'm mistaken I thought I read it was through May, does Panasonic seem to keep putting "imaginary" cut off points to entice people to buy for the warranty?

Also would you recommend buying from an independant dealer for the panasonic warranty or go to a big chain like currys etc?

alsina

Prominent Member
Yes it's instore.

I never buy online as I like having a store to return to if I get any problems.

Anyway unless I'm mistaken I thought I read it was through May, does Panasonic seem to keep putting "imaginary" cut off points to entice people to buy for the warranty?

Also would you recommend buying from an independant dealer for the panasonic warranty or go to a big chain like currys etc?

Independent dealer every time. Just make sure you haggle for the best price. Panasonic have stated the guarantee would run during May and June from the outset.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom