• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic 5 year warranty deal

etchells

Standard Member
I have just seen online that Panasonic are offering a 5 year free warranty on quite a selection of their TVs until March 2014, if you buy the TV in store. You basically buy the TV and send off the claim form to Panasonic to get the warranty certificate. Luckily, a participating store is close to me, which is ideal.

Is there much of a difference with warranty if you have it with the manufacturer, rather than someone like John Lewis? Direct TV's, (Huddersfield+East Midlands showrooms) have the 42E6B for £680, with the free warranty (a steal compared to John Lewis' £800!)

Here's a link to the warranty deal:

Products - VIERA TV - VIERA Overview - VIERA Warranty Offer - VIERA Warranty T&Cs - Panasonic UK & Ireland

Prominent Member
Although JLewis warranty is the best in the business I'm sure the Panasonic one will do just as well

Important to remember JLewis are also best at changing the set if it doesn't float your boat after delivery. For example, they will usually change it without quibble (especially if you order on line) if you find dead/stuck pixel(s) which many other retailers will not do

Have you tried to get local JLewis to price match DirectTV showroom?

etchells

Standard Member
Although JLewis warranty is the best in the business I'm sure the Panasonic one will do just as well

Important to remember JLewis are also best at changing the set if it doesn't float your boat after delivery. For example, they will usually change it without quibble (especially if you order on line) if you find dead/stuck pixel(s) which many other retailers will not do

Have you tried to get local JLewis to price match DirectTV showroom?

I think i may do the price check, see what comes of it. Thanks

vickster

Distinguished Member
And John Lewis will definitely still be in business in 5 years to honour the warranty!! Note all warranties will take depreciation into account if non repairable but you should be offered a like for like replacement or the opportunity to pay toward an upgrade. For replacement, you get remaining warranty, new upgrade a new 5 year I believe.

Prominent Member
And John Lewis will definitely still be in business in 5 years to honour the warranty!!

But it's the service when you buy that is worth that little bit extra. The guys that deliver and don't bounce the thing outa the lorry and leave it on the doorstep. And the folk that you speak to if it turns out to have two dead pixels glaring at you when you switch it on.

I'd haggle with the manager at Jlewis to get a price match, even go to a different branch, but in the end, the service if it goes t... up is worth an extra 10% IMHO

etchells

Standard Member
And John Lewis will definitely still be in business in 5 years to honour the warranty!! Note all warranties will take depreciation into account if non repairable but you should be offered a like for like replacement or the opportunity to pay toward an upgrade. For replacement, you get remaining warranty, new upgrade a new 5 year I believe.

Well the warranty is with Panasonic, not the local store. Ill do the price check later in the month when i actually have the funds to buy it! No point in doing a price check if it's going to go back up again.

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
......Note all warranties will take depreciation into account if non repairable ......

I am led to believe that that is not the case with the Panasonic 5-year warranty and that, should your TV become unrepairable after 4 years and 364 days, it will be replaced with a similar spec TV.

OP - Check this with your own dealer, but my local Panasonic dealer gave me this information.

Cheers,

Martin.

vickster

Distinguished Member
I said like for like spec i think? It may well be a £1000 TV now with a certain spec is £500 in 5 years, look at how prices have changed in TVs last 5 years.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom