Panasonic 4K player and Netflix

Seanrose4217

Novice Member
I hope someone can help.

I have a UB820 4K with Netflix app. Is there a way I can check the playback info (download speed, picture quality etc). I can find it on my tv app but not this one..

Also is there a way to check the metadata in this app just like you can do with a disc?

Regards

Seanrose4217

Novice Member
If someone can help with the HDR settings.. my tv supports HDR10+, does this mean that I want to turn off the HDR optimisation setting on the Panasonic UB 820 and just let the source content do the work?

next010

Distinguished Member
Panasonics smart tv platform is very basic, not sure if it has the equivalent of a stats for nerds menu item that brings up info, some Netflix clients do have this like on PC and Xbox but not all.

A piece of hardware like a HD Fury Linker can scan the video output and reveal details about the video signal.

There is almost no HDR10+ content, whether the Panasonics HDR optimizer works on HDR10+ I cannot say but I would leave it enabled anyway as it helps with HDR10 which is the overwhelming majority of HDR content.

Seanrose4217

Novice Member
Next10 thank you for your reply!

I have to say I’m real impressed with the HDR capabilities the UB820 has, real nice picture especially from 4K BLU Ray discs.

Top Bottom