Panasonic 4K Blu-Ray players

DrGekko

Looks like Panasonic Ultra-HD Player has gone on sale in Japan... so fingers crossed, we should see players going on sale before March 2016.

Meet Panasonic’s new Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray disc player: The first of its kind -

I've emailed Oppo, the masters of digital transport, to see when their majestic player will be available but I doubt they'll respond.

More importantly, manufacturers are all waiting for more discs to be released. Fox and Sony have announced a few titles, most of which aren't anything special at all. Until we see the likes of newer titles such as The Force Awakens or Spectre on Ultra-HD, I'm not entirely sure whether people are going to get crazy about it though.

camelot1971

I think we are at least 12 months away from sensible priced UHD players and even then I'm not sure how successful the technology will be.

Streaming/downloading is becoming more and more practical and personally I would be happy to buy films and download them to a h/d attached to my AV system (as long as the quality is there of course).

I don't bother with Sky or Virgin these days due to bitrate issues.

DrGekko

It's not the 4k video that's a problem, it's the uncompressed HD audio that's difficult to stream, hence the need for the physical format.

camelot1971

Interestingly, Vudu are streaming Atmos on some of their films now. Just need them to set Samsung TV and Oppo 105 as approved devices so I can try it :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom