Panasonic 48 cx400 issue

pist0la

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there guys.

I recently received a panasonic 48 cx400 for a long service award at work.

I've enjoyed a week of trouble free viewing but now it seems to have developed an issue.

When I'm watching Sky on HDMI 1 the set goes into standby with 4 LED flashes, sometimes up to 7 flashes. And this can happen 10+ times a hour, but sometimes lasts 15 minutes before it shuts down.

Also on the odd occasion when I turn it back on it can't find Sky on HDMI 1 until I manually turn it off with the remote and then turn it back on.

when I'm watching the TV (built in tuner) this doesn't seem to happen ( I could be wrong)

I've ran though all the settings and it's not in energy saving mode nor is it on a timer.

Could this be a faulty set or I'm I missing something?

It has been running fine for 4 days until now.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thank you

You need to try it on the built-in tuner and if it also trips off on that the set is definitely faulty.
So that means running it for an extended period on Freeview.

Thanks for your reply jeycee so far I've had it on the free view for over an hour with no issues.. but when I switch it to HDMI it will go off after 5...10 seconds..and then it just keeps happening.

I've tried a different HDMI port and it's the same problem.

I think it may be something to do with either the HDMI or the sky HD box.

I'll try my bluray player tomorrow to see if that has the same issue. So far sky is the only thing plugged in to the tv.

I would try a different hdmi lead from the box to the TV first . If that is no help try re setting the TV to "first time installation" and make sure the Sky Box output is set to auto .

There are zillions of these Vestel built / derived TV's around and the symptoms you have described are not known .

Just did a full install reset.

And swapped out the hdmi cable for a different one.

Still having the same issue.

If there's no I'm put to the tv.. say HDMI 2.. the tv will stay on and count down the 5 minute no signal timer until it reaches 0 then powers down.

But if I'm watching Sky it won't last more than 2 minutes without goin to standby.

I'll try my panasonic bluray in the morning.

Before doing that and as redaprilia suggested set the Sky+HD box HDMI video resolution to Auto.

So. Update.

I've put Sky onto auto. Did another install reset.
Still have to same problem.

Had the tv on all morning with no issues at all.
But as soon as a switch to HDMI 1 (SKY) it stays on for a minute before going back into standby.

So I plugged in my Bluray (DMP-BD80) and put on a movie. Tv stayed on for the trailers but then went into standby. . The only difference is the player shut down aswell?

I'm lost.. could it be some sort of HDMI control setting or something?

No, I'd say the set is definitely faulty and you should return/report it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom