Panasonic 46G20B or worthy alternative

Stuartyboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

Have just joined the forums in the hope of much needed advice with regards to upgrading equipment. Im in the market for updating my Panny 42" and moving it from the corner up onto the wall above the fireplace. Im aiming at a new 46" G20b and would like to know just some brief feedback of current users of the screen.

Searched the forums and found a few posts mentioning that the screen gives off quite a buzz sound when bright images are produced. Ill be honest Ive never had an issue with my current screen. On top of the screen upgrade Im looking at the below:

• Pioneer VSX 920 / 1020
  • B&W 600 series Speakers and new stands
  • AV furniture / racks.

Im not looking at a full HC cinema more of a stereo / 2.1 set up.

Ill save the rest of my plan for the Home cinema DIYer forum as at this stage Im looking a a new screen. I must admit I have been attracted by this new Quattron by Sharp and does that even compare to the Panasonics?

I live in the Newcastle / Gateshead area these days but im not originally from round these parts. Can anyone advise a good honest AV retailer worth checking out to sample a few screens and speaker combos. Im knowledgable enough not to go anywhere near Dixons etc! Ill be looking a reputable dealer to supply me with my upgrades and any help is greatly appreciated. Been having a look at Lintone Audio in Gateshead. Any Tynesiders or Wearsiders have any feedback on that retailer?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Stu

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom