Panasonic 45-200mm lens - £199 at Argos

Gordab

Established Member
Reaction score
It's eligible for the current £50 cashback from Panasonic too. Reserve one at your nearest store then go into Currys and ask them to Price Promise (match +10% of difference) bringing the cost to an eventual £140.

It's a biggish lens for micro4/3 but at this price seems a serious bargain.

Search for "200mm" free text - there's two pages for the item, one is at full price.

Just reserved one, thanks.

However, won't be collecting it as having read the cashback offer details, it's just the 45-175 and the 14-42 lens which have that offer :(

I purchased this yesterday and the lens is listed for cashback in the terms and conditions there's 2 sets of cashback at the moment and you need the summer cashback and not the extended.

It states you need the model ending in E for cashback which is what the box says on mine but argos sell this for £339.99 for some reason even though it's the same lens.

http://promotions.panasonic.co.uk/offer/lumix-g-summer-cashback/

Andy

So Andy, did you not buy from Argos? Did you buy for less than £249 to make it a better deal than the Argos £199? If not, you could return couldn't you?

Sorry should have made it more clearer.

I purchased the Argos £199 deal and the lens they gave me ended in E so valid for cashback, but this is the lens that they are also selling for £339.00.

I'd say if you can get one then do but just check the model ends in E before accepting as I think its exempt from the 30 day return policy.

Andy.

Thanks Andy, most helpful.

I've reseved one again (not easy to find now) and will collect it in the morning if the E is present.

I've just been looking on line in Google images and the only boxes for it i can see have the E missing so I guess, ask to look at the box before I buy it? Does yours have the E on the outside of the box? I'm looking at auctions on ebay and any with pictures of the box in the description have the E missing also. Does this E exist on any box?

Yes there's two Panasonics offers. One ends tomorrow, the other ends at the end of August and covers every body and lens in the m4/3 range.

Mine ended in E (European stock) I'd seriously doubt that Argos would sell grey import stock.

They're sold out at every store within 100 miles of me now, good news travels fast!

Be aware that when you reserve it, it disappears from stock so may not be eligible for Currys price promise. This happend to me so I went to Argos and bought it in the end.

Last edited:
Mr Ess said:
Thanks Andy, most helpful.

I've reseved one again (not easy to find now) and will collect it in the morning if the E is present.

I've just been looking on line in Google images and the only boxes for it i can see have the E missing so I guess, ask to look at the box before I buy it? Does yours have the E on the outside of the box? I'm looking at auctions on ebay and any with pictures of the box in the description have the E missing also. Does this E exist on any box?

Yes it has a sticker on outside of box with model number. Until tommorrow argos give you £10 gift card as well when you spend over £100.

Andy

Last edited:
Thank you thank you thank you - just managed to get the last one at Cromer store today 31/8/2012 (end of the cashback deal) - and sure enough it was an H-FS045200E. To top it all, it was in store at £190, so £140 once the cashback is in. Yay! :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom