Panasonic 42V10 or G10

millss

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if the V10 is really that much better then the G10 I know the V10 has THX but is that the only difference.

Not sure but I think the price difference is about
£200

I will need to watch from different angles mainly Blu Ray Sky+ HD and Freeview, the occasional wii game that is mainly it.

I got my 42G10b yesterday really chuffed with it .
Blue ray looks amazing.
Theres plenty of owners forums just type in the search bar .

:thumbsup:

If movies are a big useage then I'd pay the extra, the THX mode just brings it onto the next level. You do also get slimmer design (and a piece of glass over the whole thing) and a few things like viera cast

Can someone tell me if the V10 is really that much better then the G10 I know the V10 has THX but is that the only difference.

Not sure but I think the price difference is about
£200

I will need to watch from different angles mainly Blu Ray Sky+ HD and Freeview, the occasional wii game that is mainly it.

At John Lewis at the moment the 42" Plasma V10 is £1299.00 whereas the 42" Plasma G10 is £899.00.

Apart from the price, the main differences are that the V10 has the following extras:

THX Video Certification
V Audio Surround Pro (The Pro being extra)
1 extra HDMI
Viera Cast
DLNA
DivX Playback [DLNA/SD Card]
DCC/x.v.Colour/Deep Colour whereas G10 has x.v.Colour
The V10 is much slimmer 8.3 cm, the G10 is 10.6 cm

There are excellent reviews on these sets on this forum which will leave you in no doubt as to their respective merits. Also the Panasonic Spring Catalogue (Panasonic shop) tells you virtually all you need to know and defines the many technical descriptions relative to their current products.

As to which is best is a matter of weighing up all of their respective attributes and then seeing them in action side by side. Also, read the appropriate owners forum.

If you can stretch it financially, the V10 is a superior set. The reviews that matter have been very complimentary, and the majority of owners (myself included) are extremely satisfied also.

According to some reviews, G10 has better blacks than V10.

If movies are a big useage then I'd pay the extra, the THX mode just brings it onto the next level. You do also get slimmer design (and a piece of glass over the whole thing) and a few things like viera cast

Some V10 owners dont like THX mode and use Cinema/Warm anyway though! :D

And, like the person above mentions, some think the blacks are better on the G10 - strange that!

Plus input lag for games is supposed to better on the G10 compared to the V10 which is a bit strange again!

Viera Cast - not needed by most I suspect, certainly not me

V Audio Surround Pro - well I bet thats a massive difference from V Audio Surround ;)

xv deep colour - I dont think anything actually uses it ;)

I would spend the extra money on a bigger screen - get the 50" G10 for under 1k.

Some V10 owners dont like THX mode and use Cinema/Warm anyway though! :D

And, like the person above mentions, some think the blacks are better on the G10 - strange that!

Plus input lag for games is supposed to better on the G10 compared to the V10 which is a bit strange again!

Viera Cast - not needed by most I suspect, certainly not me

V Audio Surround Pro - well I bet thats a massive difference from V Audio Surround ;)

xv deep colour - I dont think anything actually uses it ;)

I would spend the extra money on a bigger screen - get the 50" G10 for under 1k.

THX is far superior for viewing BD material, although for everyday use I use Cinema :) as for blacks being better on the G10 I think this particular reviewer must have been on something :D

Input lag on games; don't know, don't care as I don't play games :D

Viera cast, well personaly I'm not bothered but some like it & it's there if you want it :) But the online FW updating is useful & saves you waiting for an SD card.

Sound; can't really comment as it sounds great for a flat panel TV & I have not really listened to a G10 but I mainly use my AV Amp.

Deep colour; good if you have a top flight HD video cam.

I can't tell you why but I can say after extensive viewing prior to my purchase that IMO the V10 does have a better overall PQ than the G10, which is of course why I bought it but I guess this is subjective :)

as for blacks being better on the G10 I think this particular reviewer must have been on something :D

Apparently it's true. The V uses a different screen coating, to gain the THX accreditation, which gives the G the slightly superior blacks. No difference you could see without a probe though!:)

Seems as I know,G series is much better in Panasonic,how about V series,what advantage do it have,I wonder.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom