Panasonic 42PX80 White Line Banding

genosfear

Standard Member
Before you read any further... This ISN'T a major problem... more of a general enquiry...

I bought this TV just before Christmas last year and I have noticed for a while that during the credits of films, on the right side of the scrolling text is a horizontal gradient.

I've photographed it as best I could... The long exposure I used to actually capture the banding has inevitably increased the intensity of the 'banding' but you'll get the picture.. (excuse the pun).

IMG_0287.JPG

(Brownie points for anyone who can tell me by looking at the credits, what film I was watching....)

Information that might be useful:

The DVD was being played using VLC at a 5:4 aspect ratio being sent from a PC using a VGA cable to the TV which was set as the second dual view monitor with a resolution of 1280x1024 and a refresh rate of 60Hertz. The TV in question is well past its so called 'Run In' phase and I have never experienced any image retention.

THE GENERAL QUESTION!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this with the same Television or have an explanation as to why this is happening... Like I said before.. This isn't a problem for me as I usually don't watch film credits and its definitely not something I would consider complaining about or even returning the set (even though I would like to test how much I could get away with, with the curry's return policy)

Many thanks in advance...

Mike.

Monkey

Standard Member
If this is the only issue you have with your set, i would find something else to worry about.. seriously.!

Kev12

I used to have a PV500, and the banding on the Sky Planner used to drive me mad. It was similar to yours but the blue boxes of text sort of carried on, where they should have stopped. It was only faint, but I used to wonder what it did for a normal picture.
My dads Hitachi does it too, thankfully my Pioneers don't.

Kaotician

The movie on your screen is I think The Mummy.

genosfear

Standard Member
If this is the only issue you have with your set, i would find something else to worry about.. seriously.!

"Before you read any further... This ISN'T a major problem... more of a general enquiry... "

Like i said... Its not that big of a deal... I was just interested if anyone knew why this happens...

Seriously.! :rotfl:

The Snake

Banned
Was it...... watching Bubba Ho-tep, in the living room, with the overscan off?.

Not sure about the overscan bit, if there's any white lines on the screen, the answer always seems to be switch the overscan on, hence i'm going with that.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom