• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic 42PX60 wall install

eob

Hello all,
home cinema setup is not quite up to the standards displayed in this forum but give it time.

Purchased Panasonic 42PX60 from Panasonic Direct in Paisley for £1300. Inc bracket (more on that later), delivery and 5 year panny warranty.

Planning stages:

DSCF0143.jpg

First cut is the deepest; three co-ax for Sky feed 1 & 2 and Upstairs TV feed. Cat5 for XBOX 360 link to router:

DSCF0145.jpg

Futureproofing, Running 21 pin Scart, S-Video, Component, HDMI, VGA and Phono L & R:

DSCF0146.jpg

Here is the bracket, I was supposed to get a Panasonic one as part of the deal but as some may be aware, there is a UK shortage at the moment, so to avoid waiting till after XMAS opted for universal one:

DSCF0147.jpg

Top cable exit:

DSCF0148.jpg

Bracket mounting, I am lucky enough to have my garage behind the wall that I'm mounting on so a friend came up with the idea of using lengths of 10mm threaded rod and going right through:

DSCF0149.jpg

Okay, so a bit messy at the moment, but some wide trunking and a hacksaw will sort this little lot out:

DSCF0160.jpg

Spot on!:

DSCF0151.jpg

Decided on using 2 gang brushed faceplates for cable exits:

DSCF0153.jpg

DSCF0152.jpg

In situ:

DSCF0156.jpg

Fully operational:

DSCF0161.jpg

Will hopefully be replacing the Sony DAVS500 sometime next year for a switching AV amp when funds allow but it is a start.
Screen is amazing looking forward to life with it. :D

#UPDATE# Sept07
The garage has been converted to a study/playroom so I will have to get some AV toys in there soon.
#UPDATE# Jan 08
I've just purchased an Onkyo 605 and will be mating it to Canton Movie series speakers.
Pictures to follow.

sbowler

Thats a very proffesional looking job you have done there. I assume you have another sofa facing the screen. LOL:thumbsup: :D Enjoy. HAPPY XMAS

F1Fan72

Great job, Well done !!

eob

Great job EOB, did you do all that yourself, think its hanging down a bit on the left :rotfl:

I had some guy with a hang over wandering around like a fart in a trance but other than that all my own work. lol :D

And by the way...its spot on!! :smashin:

P.S. For those who don't get this, it was Badkarma who gave me a hand.

sjj84

That looks spot on mate, very professional. How do you rate the tv? That's the model I've been looking at, just wish they did it in black rather than silver.

smallangryboy

eob

Just a few questions about mounting and connecting up the Panny. My setup is going to be near identical to yours, but I wondered how you actually mounted the panel and connected the leads ?

Was it a 2 / 3 man job holding the TV while someone connects everything or can you put the panel on the wall then hook it up ? I cant see how, as HDMI sockets come out horizontally at the back so didn't think there would be enough room to manouver.

Any advice appreciated

miltsharman

eob

Just a few questions about mounting and connecting up the Panny. I wondered how you actually mounted the panel and connected the leads ?

Was it a 2 / 3 man job holding the TV while someone connects everything or can you put the panel on the wall then hook it up ? I cant see how, as HDMI sockets come out horizontally at the back so didn't think there would be enough room to manouver.

Any advice appreciated

bump ... before i sart drilling holes in the wall... i'd like to know this too

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom