Panasonic 42PX60 Settings

Crocoman

Standard Member
I'm just wondering what picture settings are worth trying to get as best a picture as possible with this plasma?

I'm running my Nintendo Wii via component on 'Normal' and haven't touched the settings, Telewest cable via RGB scart and my Panasonic DMR-ES15 via RGB Scart also.

I've checked previous thread and my colour setting has been changed to 'warm' but haven't fiddled with anything elso.

The Dynamic setting for the Wii was just too bright and garish and left some retention.

Thanks
Croc

Piers

Normal, warm, reduce sharpness substantially and you will be getting close.

If the set is new beware of having the contrast too high, that's what causes the retention. As they "run in" it becomes less of an issue (and the unbelievers) will rush to deny that.

C

CharlieChap

Optimal picture settings for the Panasonic TH-42PX60 & TH-50PX60 using ISF Calibration.

Picture Mode: Standard
Picture: +22
Brightness: +8
Colour: -1
Tint: -4
Sharpness: -14
Colour Temperature: Warm
Enhanced Black Level: Off

As near to perfect as you'll get.

Sampson

As someone who just bought a TH-50PX60 I truly do thank you for that. Can we run it with those settings from purchase, or do we have to have the brightness down for some hours first (run in?)

johnfbr

Novice Member
What do these settings equate to on the normal set up screen, preume they are from the service menu ? Thanks for posting.

micaab

Novice Member
Optimal picture settings for the Panasonic TH-42PX60 & TH-50PX60 using ISF Calibration.

i thought it had been said that these settings are only relevant to the US spec sets which have different menu settings

magnox

Standard Member
Does anyone know how to set the above settings on a uk version of the th42px60 as it doesent tell you the amount of contrast etc in numbers, if anyone has any idea on this I would be most grateful :)

google

Distinguished Member
I've had the 42PX60 for about 18 months now and find the following the best for my viewing:

Viewing Mode = Cinema
Contrast = Approx 60%
Brightness = Approx 45%
Colour = Approx 60%
Sharpness = 50%
Coulor balance = Normal
Coulour management = On
P-NR = Off

I played about with the settings for about 3 months after I bought it and found that these worked for me and I have not seen any retension issues since applying them.

Hope this helps.