Panasonic 42PX60 Price & Pre Release Information - Post Here

mentos

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all,
my delivery of the new panny px60 is due on friday.
will post pics of the set soon as i can for you.but wont be able to wall mount etc untill sat.

Wow that's quick! Which dealer is this? A local Panasonic shop? H Preston ? From Germany ?

It would be great to see pics and also to find out :

1. if the PX60 has fan cooling or not?

2. does the PC (VGA) input accept component as in the PWD8 - effectively providing you with two component inputs

Hope everything goes OK for you.

Gussie :)

Well thats just great ! Thx for posting pics. Can u give a short review when you get it ? Picture quailty, sound, menu etc ?

How much did you pay ? Congrats..

thx both,i will look for what u ask.im no expert @ all but will give my honest impression on it.getting from local dealer and is there ready now but will have it del on fri as is better for me :)

Hi guys, I seen the PX60 today, it is sweet, there are 3 fans at the back at the top. Not sure if they are loud as there were other tvs on in the shop.

it looks very nice, more like a panel, slim back aswell.

Mark

Taz69 said:
Hi guys, I seen the PX60 today, it is sweet, there are 3 fans at the back at the top. Not sure if they are loud as there were other tvs on in the shop.

it looks very nice, more like a panel, slim back aswell.

Mark

Where did you see it - bad news about the fans - they might be quiet at first but what about after a year or two? And there are three of them!

Looks like I'll go back to considering the PWD8.

Although I'd like to see a PX60 in the flesh!

So where is every one seeing these units in the UK?

What is the story with connectivity for the uk model? Does it have a VGA input?

Gussie said:
Where did you see it - bad news about the fans - they might be quiet at first but what about after a year or two? And there are three of them!

I seen it in Exeter Shop@Panasonic in the Harlequin Centre, if I recall correctly £1999 inc Wall Brkt and 3yr warranty, besides the fact that I am a custom installer for them I know all the guys in there and they are top chaps, top service and excellent prices with the service backup to go with it.

They look sweet more like a Panel apart from the speaker at the bottom, I would expect they are the same size as a Panel width wise and the back is narrower than the PE/PV series similar to the panels.

Mark
Taz

scrapbook said:
So where is every one seeing these units in the UK?

What is the story with connectivity for the uk model? Does it have a VGA input?

see above for where I seen it, connections wise, the PX60 has 2 HDMI, VGA, Component and 3 scarts add the DVB tuner and you have one comprehensive TV.

IMHO.

Mark

ashmufc said:
But the 1024x768 res, is that correct?

Yes the same as the current PV500 42"

Mark

Gussie said:

If the cooling fans are as quiet as the ones in my E50/ES10/ES20D DVD Recorders, then the PX60 will be OK.:thumbsup:

The new 60 looks a great deal in Watford at £1699
plus looks the biz too

best check when JL get them in

It'll be very interesting to see what JL sell the TH42PX60 for.

Already there are a few retailers that show it well under £2000

The only one I know, which JL usually pricematch, is H Preston ...

http://www.videokit.co.uk/cgi-bin/s...product=TELEVISIONS&keywords=Panasonic+Plasma

their pricing is:

TH42PX60PED £1749
TH42PX60WALL £1649
TH42PX60CAB £1999

Not sure what stand if any is included in that ebay deal.

Going to be interesting to see what happens.

I just saw that the 42PX60 is available from AJ. I phoned them up and was told that the 37in version wont be out for a couple of months. Has anyone got any more news on the release date of the 37PX60?

Well I have just taken the plunge and ordered one of these from Preston Media.
It should be with me tomorrow morning. Was originally on the hunt for the TH42PV500 but after tracking one down at the bargain price of £1798 from Dixon’s was later told that they could not separate it from the stand and the price shot up to over £2000.

So I logged into AV forums last night and followed this thread and made the decision to go for the TH42PX60. Spoke to the guy over the phone and he assured me that they have the set up and running next to the PV500 and he is adamant that it is a slightly better picture quality, and that it boasts the additional HDMI input, 10000:1 contrast which I am informed is really on 4000:1.

I do however have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to give me some info?

I have read a lot about turning down some of the pre-set settings while the screen is run in, could some one give me a brief overview of what these changes are and for how long I should leave them at this level?: lease:

Thank you

I actually have a Samsung at the moment (borrowed) - but am looking to buy either the TH42PWD8 or maybe with the prices coming down a TH42PX60 like you.

But I'd like to see a PX60 in the flesh !

The issue with HD screens is noise - they can buzz quite a bit and they also employ fan cooling which can be an issue aswell. The PWD8 is an SD screen - some £400 cheaper - but the image is really very good at normal viewing distances - in fact hard to tell the difference at times.

BUT once that £400 gap narrows - it becomes harder to justify going for the PWD8 - especially when you consider the extra costs of adding SCART and HDMI which the PX60 has in abundance.

The only thing is the possible increased levels of noise you may have to accept on the PX60!

This is my first venture into Plasma / Flat screen, so all a bit green in the gills.
There are a few guys who I work with who have done their research so I asked their advice and they seem to think that this new set is a belter. Well I will hook it up tomorrow and let you all know my first thoughts. Still in the process of tidying up my front room so it is all go at the moment. Have a Denon Av 4306 and the Denon 1920 DVD player along with Kef 2005.2 speakers to pick up on Friday so hopefully by the end of next week the whole lot should be set up and rocking.

Do you know much about cables?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom