Panasonic 42px60 and Alphason ADP3-96 Help

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by jibbsy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. jibbsy

jibbsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have just got these and am having trouble working out how to attach the screen to the stand. There are only two obvious holes at the bottom of the tv to bolt the stand onto. Has anybody else done this combination of stand and TV?

Or alternativley has any PV500 owners got any tips from their setup. I will post a picture of the back of the TV if it helps.

Any help would be very much appreciated as i have my PX60 and cannot use it until i have worked out how to put it on the stand!!

:lease:

Lee

2. jibbsy

jibbsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have now found that there are 4 plastic covers that pop off the back of the tv, these appear to be hiding some holes. Are these the ones to use to bolt on to the stand, if so it looks like i will need longer bolts as none of teh supplied ones seem long enough. Am i on the right tracks?

Lee

3. KinkyAffro

KinkyAffro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    :lease: someone help him.

Lee, i've just started looking into getting the Alphason AG94/2s (the similar but "horseshoe" shaped stand) with the PX60. Did you look into whether the PX60 is actually compatible with these stands?
    Where did you get your screen and stand, good prices?

S17ELLY

4. jibbsy

jibbsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Panic Over!!!

All sorted now, just me getting too excited. It was indeed the 4 plastic covers that were hiding the holes and i found some bolts big enough in teh bag of bits that came with the stand.

Got the TV for £1705.50 from John Lewis at the Trafford 10% off Weekend and the stand from http://www.appliance-direct.co.uk/more_details.asp?IntID=817 for £309.95.

Very pleased with both. Now just need to play!!

5. EasterEEL1

EasterEEL1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Jibbsy, how did you get around the stand brackets blocking AV1 and the HDMI ports?

The HDMI-1 port looks just about possible if I can fit a cable in with the bracket already in place (the bottom bracket is about 2" directly behind it).

I just wondered how you got on.

regards....Roger

6. read1976

read1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi Jibbsy,
    does it cover up any sockets on the back? Got any pictures front and back?

S17Elly, I can see your picture on the other thread and it looks wicked. :smashin:

Basically I am thinking of getting the same tv with etiher one of these stands and just want to see what looks better.

Cheers guys.

7. ahaydock

ahaydock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +177
    Any chance of a Pic? Would be interested to see it...

Thanks.

8. KinkyAffro

KinkyAffro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    I can confirm the AG94/2 stand does cover up some sockets :thumbsdow
    S'pose it depends on what you want to connect though.
    As i've posted before AV1 is not easily accessible due to the centre pillar. I only need to connect one scart (Sky+) which goes to AV3 (which is RGB) and is accessible along with AV2. My Denon 1720 dvd is connected by component which is also accessible. My fears at the moment are for the HDMI. With the imminent arrival of my Sky HD there's not alot of room around the hdmi sockets, i've got my fingers crossed! I've posted elsewhere for information from anyone who's got an Alphason or similar with a central pillar and who's successfully attached an hdmi but no-one's replied!
    Despite that you couldn't get a better match for this screen, i love it...the colour of the stand is exactly the same (looks like it was made for it) and I preferred the lines of it to the Panny cab cos it breaks up the amount of silver you get all in one block (if that makes sense?).

9. read1976

read1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have a Sky box which will be conencted to scart RGB
    Panasonic home cinema system coennected via RGB
    Will hopefully get panasonic dvd recorder free, not sure how I would connect this.
    Planning on getting Sky HD but not just yet which would free up a scart socket.

It's a real shame cos I really really like the setup. The Mrs even approves of it...

Hopefully Jibbsy can provide pics of his setup.

10. jibbsy

jibbsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi everyone, sorry for the delays in geeting back to you all i have been on business.

I have attached the back of my PX60 / ADP3-96 setup and confirm that all scarts, component and Pc are fine. HDMI 2 looks possible but a little bit tight, HDMI 1 looks fairly impossible. I think i will have to buy a HDMI lead prior to SKYHD arriving to make sure taht it can fit.

Has anybody else got this screen and stand combination set up better than mine? Am i doing something obviously wrong?

Jibbsy

Attached Files:

11. KinkyAffro

KinkyAffro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Hmmm. From that pic the ADP3-96 looks like it has a slimmer centre pillar than the AG94/2. Your AV1 is accessible, on mine only AV2 and 3 are.
    I think i'll be having to buy an hdmi before the Sky HD man arrives as well. Might even have to drill a little hole for the cable to go through.

12. paddcomp

paddcomp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I see you went for the silver stand. Have you seen the black stand, I was certainly going to for black when I intended to get a PV500 but now that's changed to a PX60 I'm not so sure. Does anyone have pictures of a PX60 with a black ADP3-96 please?

Paddcomp

13. jibbsy

jibbsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    hi paddcmp.

if you go to post 205 of teh PX60 owners thread you will see my photos.

Ta

Jibbsy

14. read1976

read1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks jibbsy,
    Looking at the 2 I think I prefer the AG4 but its gutting about that Av1.
    S17Elly, any chance of seeing that back of you tv? Maybe some kind of modifcation can be done?

Cheers guys appreciate the pics.

15. hardeepr

hardeepr
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also bought a AG94/2, mainly because of the handle bar brackets, for a TH37PX60. Unfortunately it came with a straight set of brackets:mad: .

I connected Alphason and spoke to a lady by the name of Joy Knowles in customer services - she told me that they had stopped making the handlebar brackets six months ago to increase compatibility, (the Sony Bravia range was mentioned as a problem.)

However she has posted me some 2 inch spacers which will give plenty of space in front of the column. If you want some give them a ring. (Although I'm slightly concerned about the panel sticking out so far from the column and the stress it might place on the bolts - I may well cut them down to 1 inch.)

Having said all of that - if you add the 4 extra M8 spacers to the bolts on the column, (you will need to use longer M8 bolts,) added to the vertical brackets/spacers you can create about 4.2cm of space. Added to the ~2.5cm space between the back of the panel and where the scarts are you get a grand total of about 6.5cm. Since even my chunky IXOS scarts only have a width of 6cm before insertion I have a whole 5mm of wiggle room :thumbsup: Whilst not massive it should allow enough space to remove the lead in future if needed. ( Replacing the existing M8 spacers on the column with 1 inch spacers will give an extra 1cm - my cup runneth over!)

I'm actually going to use a Nikkai lead from Maplins which having rubber insulation I have managed to cut down to 5cm total width.

16. read1976

read1976

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I contacted [email protected]
    to ask about this problem and got this response. so watch this space.

Hi Dave

Sorry for the delay – I have forwarded your query to our Product Manager but he is on holiday this week. We do provide a spacer kit which sits the bracket approx 2” away from the central column which we routinely supply FOC to customers who have the Sony Bravia range of screens. I hope this kit will resolve the problem but I must wait for confirmation from the manager. I will get back to you as soon as I possibly can.

Regards

Joy

Customer Services

17. legacy7

legacy7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this info I emailed Joy Sunday and by 13.00 Monday had a reply - She will be sending Me the extra Spacers required to allow additional cable space behind my TH37PX60. Fantastic set - up with the AG94 /2S

18. LeeG

LeeG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I too went for the ADP3/96S stand for the TH42PX60. I managed to get the HDMI cable into the HDMI 1 socket, bit fiddly but managed it. Would be easier if there was such a cable with a 90 degree plug on it. Don't let it put you off, I'll post pics later tonight if I get chance.

Lee.

19. Domo

Domo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All, I went for thr ADP3/96 PB and TH42PX60 The new stand has brushed alloy tubes, now it looks the doggs whatsits:thumbsup: , over the 96s as these were sprayed silver tubes, I unpacked it today but the glass top shelf has an etch on it, so I have to send this shelf back, cant wait to get it built! Cheers

20. compo

compo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have this same tv stand combination and have no such problems. my hanging bracket is different to the on in the picture, looks like it was chanced at some point to strengthen the cross braces as mine is flat along the whole of it's lenth and u shaped at the point were it bolts on to the upright i have no such conection problems because of this but it does feel unstable when it is fastened to the bracket.