• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic 42PX60 £899 @Currys

secretagent2

Established Member
Yeh still £799, thats a good price!

Any other bargins on 42PX60?

i might still get it from Currys cos i get staff discount, i did want to upgrade to a 50" but to get a picture like the panasonics its too much money.

secretagent2

Established Member
Ash

where did you find this from?

How does your PX600 compare to the PX60?

I couldnt find £799 either!

The PX600 has a better sound, Contrast ratio, and an SD card slot, but at between £500 and £1000 more (depending on where you compare the prices) i dont think it is worth it

Paul D

Prominent Member
#799 at EmpireDirect during Boxing Day....

"Derby Doorbusters - only available at the Derby Electrical Warehouse - typically one only - first come first served, one item per household"
No Five year Panny warranty?

The price on the 50" looks good, but again no 5 year warranty?

ash

Prominent Member
The price on the 50" looks good, but again no 5 year warranty?

I think because they are not an "independent" and so can't participate in the offer. For example, PRC Direct, Sound and Vision are like independents even if they have online stores, but EmpireDirect is a franchise like Comet. Same reason why RicherSounds don't have the deal.

thefair1973

Established Member
it's still a much better deal to buy it from Richer Sounds for £899 (they knocked another £100 off it today) and get the 5-year warranty. How much would that set you back at Currys??

Looking forward to collecting mine tomorrow

Fatfreedy

Established Member
it's still a much better deal to buy it from Richer Sounds for £899 (they knocked another £100 off it today) and get the 5-year warranty. How much would that set you back at Currys??

Do RS do the five year warrenty with it ???
Doesnt mention it on there site :confused:

thefair1973

Established Member
yes they are doing the warranty, but you have to get it before Dec 23rd (as they're closeed on xmas eve, which is when the guarantee offer runs out)

Shakey21

Established Member
The only thing preventing me from buying one of these is the 1xHMDI (I think I'm correct in saying this) which is making me think twice.

Someone convince me this is not a problem.

Donk01

Established Member
PX60U has 2 HDMI.

razbox

Established Member

Thanks to you I called RS in Tower Bridge and picked up mine today for £899 incl 5 year Panasonic warranty. :clap:

Cheeky buggers tried to sell it to me for £1099 before I mentioned their web price! :rolleyes:

I packed it "almost" vertically in the back of my Mini Convertible and drove it the 200 yds to my flat! I need to find out how to get it onto the wall, so off to Costco tomorrow to pick up their wall bracket.

Many thanks :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom