Panasonic 42PWD6 advice pls...

T

Taz

Hi all,

I'm now seriously thinking about getting this Panny, Has anyone got any advice / input..good or bad about this screen.

Thanks in advance.

:smashin:

Had one a few weeks now and its superb, The picture is stunning when fed from the 2900 and i`m also really pleased with the picture from freeview and Sky.

The only tip i can give is don`t mount it too high (If you are wall mounting it) which i did :rolleyes: , I dropped it down by 4 and a half inches at the weekend and its made quite a difference.

Cheers

Originally posted by Taz
Thanks Carlos :smashin:

What configuration of inputs did you opt for may I ask??

All of them i think :D

Component board and two RGB scart boards + the VGA input, You can never have too many inputs ;)

I can also highly recommend the Panny, using a scart terminal board via a quintro+ scart swtiching box and the picture is superb. You may have to fiddle around with the picture presets though slightly, must try and calibrate it with Avia or DVE.

its a good time to order from av-sales taz you get a free panasonic lcd for the misses .( dont tell her its free):D :D :D

or sell the lcd to get some money back off plasma puchase

i think KBDVD was after one

Originally posted by jmack
its a good time to order from av-sales taz you get a free panasonic lcd for the misses .( dont tell her its free):D :D :D

or sell the lcd to get some money back off plasma puchase

i think KBDVD was after one

just had a look at that offer thanks...but....

FREE desk or wall mount,
FREE scart terminal board,
FREE Techlink scart to scart cable, and
FREE Quintro scart signal switching box
FREE UK Delivery
ONLY £2688.06

Still not a bad offer!

I think the LCD panel is only with the silver one though which is dearer, The package mentioned above is for the black screen which is the one i have and its look gooood :)

Agree with Dean about the picture using the scart input, Some people on here don`t like it but i think the picture is excellent through the RGB scart.

Yes I have to admit that I had doubts about using the scart terminal board and quintro+ on quality but all of my doubts have gone since using it. It's connected using IXOS XHT601 scarts and have found it so easy and convenient to use. The quintro+ also saves on forking out for more terminal scart boards. :)

Originally posted by Dean
It's connected using IXOS XHT601 scarts

What length scarts are you using? im going to need around 3m do you think I will get away with that without loosing quality?

I bought an IXOS 5m SCART-SCART. I didn't get on at all with the Panny SCART board so this scart cable is now plugged into a JSTech RGB->VGA convertor.
I then have a 2m VGA cable going from the convertor to the plasma - a total cable length of 7m! Picture quality is great.

The VGA cable then runs up the chimney alongside the power cable. No interference or loss of picture detail at all.

S

Hi, Johns wifey here :) :) ;) .

We have the scart terminal board with telewest via rgb and have a great picture.

Think we would only change to a converter if the picture was a bit naff to begin with. Dont think we would get that much of an improvement over which we have.

Got dvd into component board and also is a great picture!

Wifey ....must get on with some chores now!;) ;)

Thanks for all the help everyone...

Seems like it a go'er as I have sold my PJ and TV pending payments and all I have to do is find the best deal out there now.

Cheers ;)

Out of interest I have emailed NexNix to see if they can match the deal from av sales...I await their reply :)

Originally posted by Taz
What length scarts are you using? im going to need around 3m do you think I will get away with that without loosing quality?

Hey Taz, using 0.75 metre IXOS scarts for both SKy + DVD but I think you can still get good results with 3m since they are very high quality scart leads.

I'm another happy PW6 owner. I use Freeview via the RGB SCART for TV, and the component board for DVD… I use the VGA port for connection to a PC. Maybe I don’t know what I’m missing, but I’m very happy with the quality of the Freeview picture via the SCART (and DVD via component).

Mark

Update...

I decided to pop along to John Lewis for a demo of the Panny... Is it just me, or do they just hate us HC nuts?? They gave me a Sky input via composite and I just laughed, so they gave me... Top gun via RGB it looked pants! I asked for a component feed DVD with a decent disc... off they went came back with a DVD player conected it via component (hoorah) and offered me a choice of Top Gun or Gladiator, I asked if they had any other discs...nope thats all they have!

At the end of the demo, I asked a few questions (techy ones;) ) one of the guys dissapered and the other one told me £4K was a good price for the screen and no sir, we dont match Web prices.

Ah well, they did try I s'pose :rolleyes:

NexNix update to follow:

my wifey got john lewis to price match over the phone at both bluewater & milton keanes branches, £3035 with tuner & the 5 yr warranty

nexnix is a shop too so does that count.

i was hoping you were goignt o get it from av-sales and send me the free lcd for all my help:D :D :D

NexNix have mailed me back with their offers on the Panny...

Option 1:

Panny plasma
scart board
wall/desk mount
3M scart lead
Trilogy 1 switcher
UK delivery

£2260 + VAT

Option 2:

Panny plasma
scart board
wall/desk mount
3M scart lead
JS technology switcher
UK delivery

£2245 + VAT

Av sales deal...

FREE desk or wall mount,
FREE scart terminal board,
FREE Techlink scart to scart cable, and
FREE Quintro scart signal switching box
FREE UK Delivery
ONLY £2688.06

What do you lot think???

Originally posted by jmack
nexnix is a shop too so does that count.

i was hoping you were goignt o get it from av-sales and send me the free lcd for all my help:D :D :D

:D I would have done as well... honest :devil:

Phoned them today, the offer is a no go now as they are out of stock on the LCD's so the new offer stands.:(

And I was going to have you round for beer / films then give you the LCD...ah well!

:laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom