1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic 42pw6 from ilgroup

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by frank.leggett, Dec 3, 2003.

1. frank.leggett

frank.leggett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After visiting my local Panasonic shop I have taken the plunge and bought a 42 pwd6 from ilgroup.co.uk. It comes as standard with a BNC component, composite and SVHS board. The salesman said that it was in fact to boards a component board with a 15 pin d input and a composite/SVHS board leaving one spare which I have ordered a scart socket for (SKY). The salesman said the component input was a RGBHV input with only the RGB needed for a component input. In short I know other people have bought the board from ilgroup so I was wondering do I need to get a VGA to component lead or by a proper component board with BNC or phono inputs.

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The panel comes with an inbuilt VGA connection using a DB15 plug, so you can use an RCA => DB15 cable if you want to use this connection - and yes it will accept component via this connection (or a PC connection)

The free board (TY-42TM6Y) is a two slot board which has BNC component connectors + SVideo + Composite

Have a look at the brochure here:

http://www.nexnix.co.uk/pds/docs/Panasonic Plasma 6.pdf

JJ

P.S. Screen and terminal manuals here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104499

3. frank.leggett

frank.leggett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot. Now I Know which cables to get.