1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 42PW6 all set up :) - Advice!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by GarethH, May 13, 2004.

1. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Got my Panasonic 42PW6B yesterday and tonight have just switched it on for the first time. Still waiting on the component board though as AV-Sales is awaiting stock. I currently have the DVD player connected up through Scart...picture aint as great as i expected...I guess thats normal for scart though right. I've not played with any settings at all yet!

Could anyone give me some advice on burn in and what settings I should use in general..giving two options for pre 200 hour and post 200 hour? I've search the forums btw, i find nothing! If your gonna tell people to search, at least tell them what they should search under ;)

All in all, it looks very cool...just can't wait till my component board turns up and I can run it in progressive!

2. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I am a new PW6 owner and I have taken the contrast setting down to -10, brightness at about -4 - I imagine the others are personal taste or use the THX optimode test on some discs. Because I use the VGA in for Sky+ there is no change of the colour settings whereas you can adjust these on the component input. I can't say I remember what mine are though.........?

3. MattTheBeanster

MattTheBeanster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I used (and still do) the cinema setting with the brightness dialled down a little bit. I always keep the peak limit on unless watching dvd's.

Burn doesn't seem to be a problem for the panasonics, i played a ps2 game with constant huds for up to 3 hours before the 100 hour breakin and have since played for up to 7 hours straight. Not a glimmer of a problem.

4. samhain

samhain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +122
    Those settings are remarkably similar to mine. Using VGA box to connect Sky to Plasma. Picture looks fab. Not used DVD via my component board yet so can't comment.