Panasonic 42PF20 and 50PF20 Thread

OK, thanks. Any more information about this would be gratefully received as I've put off the purchase of a 50PF20 for ages now in anticipation of some new models / releases / updates this year - knowing my luck I'll pull the trigger & something new will come out the following week !

All I can say is unless you have £35000 loose change in your pocket forget about the 85"vx200, even if panny decided next year to introduce a 65" panel vx200 it would be at least 8-9k im my opinion not for the faint hearted and if a 50" at least £4500..Just buy the tv you want now because you will be waiting til eternity if you think like that..

Last edited:
They can't keep selling those 2D only VX100 models forever. Perhaps Panasonic will introduce VX300 range this year.

They can't keep selling those 2D only VX100 models forever. Perhaps Panasonic will introduce VX300 range this year.

Since they haven't completely eliminated the 50Hz ghosting with the VX200, I'd rather have a VX100 if it was a choice between a 50" VX100 and VX200.

The new 58 pf range our now out !! TH-58PF20ER

Well my decision on an upgrade has been moved forward as my PH9 has died :mad: I can't go to 50" in my room but can do 46", with a budget of c£1k. Would the 42PF20 be as good as I can currently get for the money in terms of overall picture quality?

Its personal preference why dont you go and demo a few sets and make your mind up..:thumbsup:

imo its still the best set to look at. The blacks may be a little darker on some of the comercial Panasonics but the PFs dont seem to have the buzzing and other issues they have. Although the blacks are a lot better on the PF20s than my old PH10.
Also no line bleed or noticable ir.
It would be advisable to view one first but its finding one on display.
I bought mine without seeing it first and would definitely buy this model again.

Hi all, I'd appreciate your suggestions.
I'm considering buying an HD display, for
1)presentations
2) as a display for clients showing graphics and video.
I will also make use of the display as a "whiteboard" via the wiimote project, drawing on it with an IR stylus.
3)Last, some videos will be created, so CRT like scan lines are a no-no.

My initial though was to go with an SIPS LCD, as it is lighter and easier maneuverable, does pivot, does not suffer from Image Retention, is brighter for daytime presentations. I was thinking of the TH-47LF20 or the equivelant LG one.
They also sport 18mm bezels which I truly appreciate.

As a display of choice for generalviewing though, I unduly prefer plasma displays - offer much wider viewing angles, have true blacks etc etc
Then I spotted this thread where I was surprised how many of you use the pro models as a "normal" hdtv.
This display (as plasma) has the glass which means drawing on it with the pen is easier and will not spoil the surface. Especially when one considers that the LCD one has 3H anti glare coating..
It is 3" larger, but has a 5cm bezel.
Would it create scan-line flickering when videoed?
Finally the TH-50PF20 costs about 500 euros more than the 47" LCD.

Which of the two would serve me best in your opinion?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Can someone post the settings for the TH-50PF20, especially the
W/B settings in cinema mode. Any calibration results available?

Thanks!

Hey all,

I'm looking at TH-50PF20 as it can be had for a decent money however, before i go for it i would like to ask a few questions.

I know that some people have mentioned some things that they din't like with this Display but as i'm upgrading from my trusty old TH-42PX60 so surely the TH-50PF20 will be an improvement when it come to picture quality, will it?

I think i haven't seen any mention on 50Hz issue on this Display so i'm guessing it has no problems in this field? And as far i can gather then in general there isn't any major issues on this Display that consumer sets getting plagued with lately, right?

I would be using my Onkyo TX-SR606 to input my Humax Foxsat-HDR, PS3 and Toshiba HD-XE1 so i'm guessing that the preinstalled HDMI port on Display will be sufficient and scaling will be sufficient from TX-SR606?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom