1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PANASONIC 42PA50 and Progrssive Scan

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by theios, May 23, 2005.

1. theios

theios

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just connected my nre 42PA50 to my progressive scan DVD player through a high quality component cable.

My DVD player is a SAMSUNG Progressive Scan hacked to multiregion.

I had already previously set the DVD player to output COMPONENT P-SCAN (that is Progressive Scan) and it works. Then I put another DVD and... oh! my god!... the picture is distorted!!!!! It took me a while to realise that the firest dvd was a region 2 dvd while the second one was a region 1 dvd :eek:

Is this normal? To play correctly region 1 dvd I have to choose I-SCAN (that is Interlaced through component, loosing some quality, I guess), while to play region 2 dvd I have to choose P-SCAN.

Am i doing something wrong?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    stick to interlaced theios the panny will deinterlace better than the samsung player

3. pwarren

pwarren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Horny, I have the panasonic DMRES10 DVD recorder with the 37" version of this plasma. How would you rate that. Better to have the screen doing the progressive stuff or the DVD? I know what you'll say, try it and have a look. But i'm travelling at the moment, reading the thread and just interested.
    Cheers
    P

4. theios

theios

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    r u saying that I wasted my money selling my DVD player to buy a new one which is progressive scan? :eek: