1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 42PA20 flasing LED

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Elvis, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've read earlier threads about the screen switching off and flashing LED problem, but I understood it had been fixed in later PW6 models. I bought my PA20 in March 2004, is anyone having this problem with later sets?

The reason I ask is that this weekend my PA20 switched itself off three times in a row and sat there blinking it's LED at me. Before it turned itself off the picture went a bit peculiar, very bright/polarised/contrasty and then nothing. It eventually started working again and has been fine since. Is this an isolated incident or should I start the ball rolling with panasonic?

Any advice or opinions?

2. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    That is a symptom of a faulty PSU, but also a symptom of the plasma simply overheating. To be cautious it is probably worth contacting your dealer to see if they have any more advice, if it does it again get it checked without fail.

3. markbigears

markbigears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    ELVIS, whats the latest with your plasma? is all ok? I had the same problem with mine, a 2003 model, replaced it with a 2004 model (the serial number starts with a 4) Is yours a 3 or 4 model? all the best, Mark

4. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No news, the problem doesn't seem to have re-occurred. Maybe it was just 'one of those things'. I'm keeping an eye on it though.

I don't know what the serial number is because I forgot to make a note of it before I fixed it to the wall - D'oh! But I bought it this year just before the PA20 was replaced with the PE30, so I would imagine it's probably a 2004 model, I guess it will have been one of the last to be manufactured (unless it had been sitting in a warehouse for months - which is entirely possible).

5. markbigears

markbigears

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Glad to here it, as yet ive not heard of any 2004 models with the old problem.
    You feeding it component on your DVD. I still think its one of the best screens out there.