Panasonic 42inch plasma tvs which will fit the TH-42PX60 stand?

Hi,

My Panasonic 42inch Plasma TV (TH-42PX60) is just over 2 years old and has developed a black bar down one side of the screen (the rest of the screen displays a good picture). I've been quoted £900 to replace the screen and so I can get a band new and better tv for the same price. Although I probably should choose a different make I don't want to have to buy a new stand so does anyone know if the new Panasonic 42 inch plasma TVs will fit onto this stand?

Thanks,

Chris.

Monarch

Novice Member
I'm not entirely sure which ones will fit, it'll be worth checking the dimentions I suppose, but I would expect most 42" Panasonic plasmas to fit, but I haven't checked so don't take my word for it.

Anyway, the P42G10 is £919 at Richer Sounds, the next one up (G15) is £1200, and the one above that is £1300 or so, it's up to you as to whether you pay the extra, but the G10 is certainly a very good TV, and the built in freesat means you can get some HD channels, if you have a dish that is (and if you're not already on freesat/skyHD/V+)

alsina

Novice Member
Hi,

My Panasonic 42inch Plasma TV (TH-42PX60) is just over 2 years old and has developed a black bar down one side of the screen (the rest of the screen displays a good picture). I've been quoted £900 to replace the screen and so I can get a band new and better tv for the same price. Although I probably should choose a different make I don't want to have to buy a new stand so does anyone know if the new Panasonic 42 inch plasma TVs will fit onto this stand?

Thanks,

Chris.
None of the current Panasonic plasmas will fit your stand, to be fair without a PX60 the stand is pretty useless.

Incidentally, I presume you realise that if you bought the PX60 new that you could get a free of charge repair paid for by the original retailer?

None of the current Panasonic plasmas will fit your stand, to be fair without a PX60 the stand is pretty useless.

Incidentally, I presume you realise that if you bought the PX60 new that you could get a free of charge repair paid for by the original retailer?
Hi Alsina,

Thanks for the info. I did buy the PX60 brand new from Tesco's just over 2 years ago, but I can't find the receipt anywhere and I can't remember which credit card I bought it on to work out which set of bills to start search through.

I have to say that I'm pretty gutted that it's only lasted a bit over 2 years. I don't really want a new tv as it's ideal for me with the current stand.

Perhaps I'll try finding the receipt again or start going through the credit card bills.

Cheers,
Chris.

I'm not entirely sure which ones will fit, it'll be worth checking the dimentions I suppose, but I would expect most 42" Panasonic plasmas to fit, but I haven't checked so don't take my word for it.

Anyway, the P42G10 is £919 at Richer Sounds, the next one up (G15) is £1200, and the one above that is £1300 or so, it's up to you as to whether you pay the extra, but the G10 is certainly a very good TV, and the built in freesat means you can get some HD channels, if you have a dish that is (and if you're not already on freesat/skyHD/V+)
Hi Monarch08,

Thanks for the tips. I've emailed Panasonic to see if they can suggest anything. I wish that I'd bought the tv from Richer Sounds in the first place as I've got a dvd player from them which is still going strong after 7 years!

I've got Virgin and due to the way that my house was built it's my only option (unless I get a dish fitted) as the terrestrial point is on the wrong side of the room.

Chris.

Monarch

Novice Member
You could always go for the cheaper option if you wanted a new TV, the P42X10 is a very good set, and probably better for SD content, there is an LG that rivals it as well. If you wanted a 1080p set then the S10 is also a bit cheaper than the G10, neither the X10 or S10 use the NeoPDP technology in the G10, but you may not use it for the uses where the benefits come into play (movies, particularly HD). You'll be able to get a 50" TV if you wanted to upgrade and if you decided to go for the cheaper option too, that of course would deffinitely requite a new stand, although it seems a new stand is in order anyway (although my PX80 is just on a drawer!)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom