Panasonic 42" Plasma > PS2 connection !!

A

aubigne

Guys, we tried to do this a few times but couldn't get it set up....any info as to how to do so greatfully recieved!

Particularly if its done in a step by step idiot proof format!

You'll need to use either the RGB Scart or preferably Component cable from the PS2 into the panel and that should do the trick.

If you are using component for the first time on the PS2 I think (if memory serves) you need to set the PS2 to component.

This is done by going through the config menu's on the PS2 - start the PS2 with no disc in and have a look under "Video" I think.

You'll need to set the plasma to the component input as well.

What problems were you having exactly?

Andy, thanks for the ultra prompt response, have you done this yourself?... to the best of my knowledge we tried this technique with no luck....anything else ?

No problem. :)

I've used the component cable from the PS2 (but into a projector) but that was going back a few years.

The main thing will be selecting the component input on the Plasma, there will probably be a button that looks a bit like...

-[>]

...on the remote, pressing usually toggles through the various inputs on a telly.

Andy, great, I will get our neighbours boy to do it for me, since he can read (LOL) and also is a bit of a techno guy!...will report back!

Many thanks!

Just to confirm that my PS2 is connected via component to my Panny PHD8 and it looks the biz!

Make sure that your PS2 is enabled to component output not RGB (select this in the PS2 system config menu) then plug your component cable in and away you go. :thumbsup:

Gee, hes had it about 2-3 yrs....panasonic is model....TH42PV500B...15 mths old...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom