Panasonic 42" PH9 Demo Request - London

Digger

Is there anyone in central london who owns a charcoal PH9 that I can come and have a gawp at . . .please:smashin: .

Cant decide between a PH9 from AV Sales or a PX70 from John Lewis. Want to see if I can detect a better image quality on a PH9. I am based in W1 area

Many Thanks

Digger

I would if I knew it was noticably better for image quality :smashin: . Anyone managed to compare one side by side with a Panny PX model?

Digger

Thanks for that but no real direct comparison/experience of the two types in that thread, just a recommendation. Somebody must have compared the two at some point, although I cant think of any retailers who might have both side by side, except maybe AV Sales

ojo

Bought mine from av sales in feb.(42" PH9). My mate bought a px70 two weeks ago. Have fine tuned my ph9 and got the pic as i see it, perfect bar a few small gripes i initially had with it which are still evident but don`t really bother me under normal viewing(They`re there on my mates px70 as well), There are quite a lot of adjustments available on the ph9.
In contrast i took my isf disc that came with my ph9 and tried to adjust my mates px70 with the standard col con bri controls and i could not seem to get as good a pic as on my ph9. There are fewer pic adjustment available on the px70.
In my opinion go for the ph9 definately.

Digger

Thanks ojo :smashin: . Have you ever caught yourself wishing you had the PX70 for all the convenience features etc? Also what does your mate think of your PH9?

ojo

I love my ph9:thumbsup: .
No i don`t wish i`d waited for the px70, (What convenience fetures do you mean)?????.
I wish i`d waited a few months for my ph9 though. The price has dropped from £1015 to £920 and now it comes with a free hdmi board.

Digger

Sorry. I meant the features of an all in one tv. built in Digital Freeview, speakers. IE when you rush in to watch footie you dont have to turn on 3 devices to get going, just press "footie" button on remote and voila :D

I guess that if the image is noticably better I will plump for the PH9 :smashin:

ojo

The PH9 has got speaker out terminals at the rear. Only got Sky, so, the channel change is done with that remote. I only wanted the display to be a display really. I`ve set the PH9 to auto select Input 2 on switch on so it goes straight to the Scart board on socket 2 so it`s only one button press really and everything is up and running.
Go on, get the 42" PH9, you know you want to.
And get it from AV sales, the after sales service is (if you ever need it just for a chat for any probs you think you may have or some advice) second to none.

TarPot

Here's my 2p worth.

I've had my PH9 for a while. Love it!

I set up a friend's PX70 yesterday. The first thing I noticed is the black level is nowhere near as deep as the PH9. This was in a daylit room too, not darkened. The picture quality was great, but it was lacking in black level.

pjskel

Thanks for that but no real direct comparison/experience of the two types in that thread, just a recommendation. Somebody must have compared the two at some point, although I cant think of any retailers who might have both side by side, except maybe AV Sales

Actually there is but you need to read it.
The last post (when I posted the link) had one member saying they recommend the PH9 to those looking the best for that sort of budget, but if they need TV, then they push the Pioneer.
So, that and the other comment from one of the AV Sales members states the PH9 is a better panel than the (supposedly) same panel in the PX70.
I thought the point and distinction was plainly obvious and easily understood.
Maybe just me then?

Digger

Nobody in that thread you linked to appeared to have directly compared, let alone setup the two models, but thanks anyway as it was helpful :thumbsup: . Tarpot and ojo have had direct experience so my thanks also go to them too for their input:smashin: Not sure about a Pioneer as for whatever reasons I have set my mind on a Panny.

TarPot

Tarpot and ojo have had direct experience so my thanks also go to them too for their input:smashin: Not sure about a Pioneer as for whatever reasons I have set my mind on a Panny.

Go with the Panny.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom