1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 42 or 37'' Plasma ????

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TWISS, Jul 13, 2004.

1. TWISS

TWISS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I have £3000 to spend and have been looking at the 42 Viera.
    I have been scouting the sites and have found Empire Direct to be the cheapest so far.

Should I go for the 37 or 42 inch?

Does anyone know or can recommend the cheapest place and best deal.
    I am also after the Floor stand but at £500!? :nono:

Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Purchase is imminent.

Thanks

2. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,249
    I suspect you already know the answer to this one...go for the 42" !

Depending on what you're upgrading from, the 37" might seem huge at first, but a couple of months from now, you'll wish you bought the 42".

3. Shepski

Shepski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can get the 42" for around £2750 delivered (digital direct) or you could get the one from techtronics for £2898 and get a free panasonic dmr-e55 recorder which if you dont want you could sell for ~£200 making this one a cheaper option.

One thing I would check is that you have the space to fit this in as its HUGE! the 37" version is as big as the Hitachi 42"! I was going to go for the 37" panny but the "extras" you had to buy annoyed me and I couldnt find anywhere I could buy the whole package from (tv & stand) for a sensible price plus finding somewhere that had stock of the pedestal stands so went for the 37" Hitachi which also saved me some money :)

4. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you'ge got enough space (check the width) go for the 42" without a doubt, I was considerig the 37" but thank god I didn't get it. I went from a 32" Acconda to a 42" Viera and after a day it seemed tiny. I would have seriously considered the 50" if it wasn't so expensive. I can honestly say the 42" viera takes up less room than my Aconda did, it's much less bulky and everyone who sees it loves it. I'm really happy with it, in a few years time if the prices go down I'll probably transfer it to the bedroom and get a 50" for the lounge! :D

5. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    forgot to say I got mine from www.directelectricals.com, excellent service and excellent price, I'd definitely recommend them.

6. TWISS

TWISS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone that has replied - very much appreciated!
    I will go for the 42'' I also saw Empire Direct doing the Panasonic Viera 42 for £2699!!!

Where can i get the Stand as in the pics for LESS than £500!????

7. Shepski

Shepski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Empire charge £99 for delivery so you looking at £2798! These few have it for £2733 delivered:

Sound and Vision
    Digital Direct
    PRC Direct

Think you may struggle to get the cabinet for much less than £500, ebay maybe your best bet.

8. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    go for the 42" it is fantastic

I would recommend going for John Lewis as they price match and will give a 5 year guarantee. Great piece of mind for such an expensive piece of kit.

I have gone for the floor stand it is splendid. However, it only has 3 shelves (including the bottom) and is not quite wide enough to fit two devices.

The display itself weighs a ton (not literally) so I would have reservations about the desk stand.

9. TWISS

TWISS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Shepski / Bobbles - on the phone 2mrw!!
    Bobbles - what did you say to get them to price match?

10. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just quote your cheapest price

however, they will only price match the instore price, they will not price match internet offers