Panasonic 42/46PZ80

Reaction score
Hi all,
After months of reading everyones posts etc on this site
I'm not clued up on this topic by the way, but i'm about a nats crack away from purchasing the PZ80 but i'm starting to wonder if i'm making the right choice (Do i really need this type of set).
I currently have a 28" or 30" MASSIVE HEAVY thing made by Toshiba and its time to go.I subscribe to Sky+ and have a dvd recorder set up & play the 360 from time to time.
With watching what i call "Normal Sky" is the picture good on this set,Really worried that once i get this home the picture wont look good & wife will kill me.
Not to botherd about Sky HD at min but might upgrade in a few year or so but more & likely wont, been thinking of a blueray player as well (But again do i really need this) have a lot of normal dvd's do blueray players play "normal dvd's".
Ive seen the PZ85 but from what ive read on this site dont think its worth the extra cash,
Currys have the 42PZ80 at £709.00 & im really close to getting that or the 46" at a higher price.
So do i go for the PZ80 or not?? with only watching "Normal Sky/Tv"
Also whats the best price out there at min, Do i need the warrenty etc ive seen company selling the sets with 5 year at a higher price etc

Thanks

Last edited:
As you're not into HD and concerned about SD PQ, you should check out the 42PX80 (dont do a 46" I'm afraid). Compare the PX and PZ with SKY SD source (or Freeview) and see which you prefer. Most people would say the PX80.

PX80 around £600.

As you're not into HD and concerned about SD PQ, you should check out the 42PX80 (dont do a 46" I'm afraid). Compare the PX and PZ with SKY SD source (or Freeview) and see which you prefer. Most people would say the PX80.

PX80 around £600.
Many thanks for reply,
Is the diffrence big just asking due to the PZ80 being more future proof etc
Do they do a 50PX80

If you sit at more than 10 feet away, there is no point future proofing by way of investing in 1080p panels. There is no 50PX80, only 50PX8 (lesser contrast ratio, lesser connections).

Many thanks for reply,
Is the diffrence big just asking due to the PZ80 being more future proof etc
Do they do a 50PX80
There is a 50PX8 at £699, lower spec. than the PX80, more like the PX70 from last year.

PX80 is future proof, it will accept 1080p signals, 100Hz, plays 24p BluRay, just as the PZ80 does. But as you say, not much difference in price. Check the SD PQ in the shops.

There is a 50PX8 at £699, lower spec. than the PX80, more like the PX70 from last year.

PX80 is future proof, it will accept 1080p signals, 100Hz, plays 24p BluRay, just as the PZ80 does. But as you say, not much difference in price. Check the SD PQ in the shops.

Were is the best place to purchase one of either sets, will want the 5yr warrenty i think

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom