Panasonic 42/46/50PZ81 details available on Panasonic website

Kaledii

Established Member
Reaction score
The full details of the FreeSat capable Panasonic plasmas are on the UK website. The 2008 brochure is also available for download from the same location.

Very interesting specs on the PZ81 screens. It looks to me that they have a higher specification than the PZ85. e.g. AVCHD playback on SD cards; PIP/PAP/PAT; Deep colour

If all the specs are correct, it is definitely not a freesat version of the PZ80

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/711712/index.html#anker_711712

Based on the naming conversion of the past, PZ81 should be only a freesat version and nothing more. Its not expected to be superior than PZ85. Where did you read about PIP/PAP and Deep Colour availability on this set? I think this information must be wrong and misleading. Can you send the link?

It is correct same ish specs as PZ85. PZ81 was originally gonna be based around PZ80.

So the pretty much useless IFC but 24p Real Cinema 30,000:1 contrast etc etc

Based on the naming conversion of the past, PZ81 should be only a freesat version and nothing more. Its not expected to be superior than PZ85. Where did you read about PIP/PAP and Deep Colour availability on this set? I think this information must be wrong and misleading. Can you send the link?

Specs are on the link I provided and if you download the brochure, you will find the full specs of the PZ81, which are definitely more akin to the PZ85 (and better in some respects) than the PZ80

It looks to me that they have a higher specification than the PZ85. e.g. AVCHD playback on SD cards; PIP/PAP/PAT; Deep colour

I definitely does NOT have a deep colour panel.

Can somebody confirm that the PZ85 does not do AVCHD playback on SD cards?

It does have Viera Tough Panel (the same as the PZ800). I don't believe the PZ85 has this (it's not in the specs), although I am not 100% sure about this as I don't know what I am looking for. Can somebody confirm this?

Looks pretty good, hope the price is too. In store June as well :thumbsup:

Hi All,

They do indeed have PIP/PAP/PAT - and are not as wide as the PZ85/PZ800. I am happy they have brought this range out - especially at the 42" level - I just hope they are priced aggressively!

Suave!

I definitely does NOT have a deep colour panel.

QUOTE]

You'd think not wouldn't you, but the specs at the end of the brochure clearly have a 'y' against deepcolour feature.
Having said that, the specs list the PZ85 as not having xvcolour!

Regardless, the important thing for me is that this panel is at least to the same level as the PZ85 in the picture processing department, and means I'm going to wait for this screen to hit the stores

Looks pretty good, hope the price is too. In store June as well :thumbsup:

Hi,

On some french online dealers the 42" is priced at €1599 which I think is the RRP but I noticed another place had it for around €1320-€1380. I guess it will be cheaper than the upcoming 42PZ800 which has RRP of about £1600 but seems to be available for pre-order for between £1350 and £1450 most places.

Suave!

In Spain already is in stock!

The price is 42PZ81 - 1300 €

46PZ81 - 1599 €

You'd think not wouldn't you, but the specs at the end of the brochure clearly have a 'y' against deepcolour feature. Having said that, the specs list the PZ85 as not having xvcolour!

I think there must be some mistake. PZ80 and above models should all have x.v.color as they all have hdmi 1.3 versions.

No mention of the 58" or 65" apart from the old PZ700's on Pany's brochure, have these been scrapped?

IFC has also 42PZ81? I thought I did not ..

SD is bad? The panel is the same as PZ80 and PZ85 so it is equal ..

They're talking about the freesat SD picture.

They're talking about the freesat SD picture.

Hi,

Freesat, freeview or other - A bad SD pic is a bad SD pic - seeing as there will be 80 channels available 'now' and 200 by the end of the year (many SD I presume), it does not bode confidence to those for whom SD is important - I was under the assumption that Freesat had less limitations than Freeview and was technically better so am surprised to hear about how bad the SD performance is - according to TechRadar anyway. What is the point on spending extra money on having a dish installed and wiring run etc only to have as bad a SD picture as one can get from the built in Freeview anyway?

Suave!

I totally aggree, just wanted to point out to hollyjoint that it was the freesat SD picture being talked about, it doesn't necessarily mean it has an inherent poor SD picture from different sources.

I totally aggree, just wanted to point out to hollyjoint that it was the freesat SD picture being talked about, it doesn't necessarily mean it has an inherent poor SD picture from different sources.

That's kinda put a spanner in the works - for me anyway! Who knows, another review somewhere will say the complete opposite - and then we will then have to go down to Currys/Comet etc and check out their superb feeds and properly set -up panels under the most ideal conditions with the benefit of very highly trained and extremely knowledgeable staff to find out the reality - I am so looking forward to that!

Suave!

I hope some other places can get a better picture too, it would be shame if after going to the bother of integrating the freesat that the tuner provides a poor quality SD picture

O sintonizador normal ( Analógico e digital) SD é igual ao PZ80/85 ? right?

Tnks

OOps de repente esquecime que estava num forum ingles pmladeira :D

btw:
The tuner normal (Analog and Digital) SD is equal to PZ80/85? Right?

Hi,

Freesat, freeview or other - A bad SD pic is a bad SD pic - seeing as there will be 80 channels available 'now' and 200 by the end of the year (many SD I presume), it does not bode confidence to those for whom SD is important - I was under the assumption that Freesat had less limitations than Freeview and was technically better so am surprised to hear about how bad the SD performance is - according to TechRadar anyway. What is the point on spending extra money on having a dish installed and wiring run etc only to have as bad a SD picture as one can get from the built in Freeview anyway?

Suave!

Just have to mention I had my 46PZ85 delivered last firday and the SD picture from my NTL box is at times stunning and at others a bit fuzzy ... these are usually older american shows (NTSC video as opposed to PAL). It really depends on the content but for me the pic quality is mostly excellent. I agonised about buying a 46 inch vs a 42 for ages ... my viewing distance is about 9 foot/ 3m. I have to say if anyone out there is worried ... go for the bigger one, you won't be disappointed. I can't comment on the freeview/dvb-t picture as I'm in ireland but I can't imagine its any worse then the ntl box.

I'd be after the 50" version and looks like thats not out untill July :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom