Question Panasonic 40cx400b vs Hisense 40" k321

Blackstar2081

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Quick question really; Which tv do you think I should buy?
The Panasonic is €470 in my local harvey normans
BUT
The Hisense is currently around €400 on amazon

I want to buy a tv to run into the ground (ie, when I want a new one, this will become a "second tv" in the house).
I play a moderate amount of playstation 4, but I am a big movie lover, so deep blacks etc are appreciated by me.
I watch a lot of sports, soccer mostly, however I enjoy watching on my girlfriends' 50hz LG LED 1080p tv, so I don't think I'll be too bothered by lightening fast refresh rates.

I don't care about the smart features to be honest (I prefer using my playstation of laptop for that sort of thing).

Any opinions gratefully received, as I plan on paying for a tv within the next 2 days...

The Hisense is the better set. Less motion blur, deeper blacks and is actually pretty decent for the price. It's a Chinese company that have been going for a little while now, but the name on the front is the company that make them so they put effort into making it the best they can.
The Panasonic isn't actually made by them, think it's a company called UMC or possibly Vestel.
The 5 series and above by Panasonic are better as they're actually made by them, but that's why the lowest actual one is the cx680, it's obviously much better but costs a lot more.

Interesting, motion blur in particular is something I would want to avoid (I like watching action movies).

Oh wow, ok, sounds rather fishy from Panasonics' end.....they used to be a brand that I held in good regard....I'll be wary of them in the future.
Thanks for the heads up.

If anybody who actually owns a Hisense wants to chip in on what they're like to live with, that would be great :)

Panasonic themselves make the higher screens, they make some of the best ones. The only reason they don't do these is they can't produce something of Panasonic quality for that price point, so they let someone else do it and have it sold as 'made under licence by Panasonic'. Most the brands other than LG and Samsung have sets that someone else makes cheaply, and puts their name on it.
You can tell as the remote is completely different, the menus are very dated, picture obviously suffers and the build isn't as good.
If you don't mind losing the 4k, then the Sony w705 or preferably the w755 range would give a better standard picture for the money, better colours and motion etc.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom