1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 3x Ram Won't Work?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by DaisyandMe, Oct 7, 2005.

1. DaisyandMe

DaisyandMe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have DMR-E30 (new to me) which works perfectly with the only LM-AB120E cartridge disk I have.

The manual recommends the following disks:

LM-AD240E
    LM-AB120E
    LM-AF120E

The machine will play any dvd film disk, cd's, and record from TV, camcorder, vcr, etc, and appears to be working perfectly.

However, it will not use the newer Panasonic 3X ram disks:

LM-AD240LE
    LM-AB120LE
    LM-AF120LE

I contacted Panasonic and they said that it should use these disks and that I must have bought a bad disk. They sent me a 3X ram disk to try (LM-AF120LE) and it works perfectly.

As I had already bought the following disks, which it will not use, I asked Panasonic for an explanation:

10 of LM-AF120LE
    1 of LM-AB120LE
    1 of LM-AD240LE

The explanation given is that my DVR-E30 is 'faulty' and I need a Panasonic engineer.

Can anyone enlarge on this please?

2. illustrator

illustrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    depending how old the recorder is it may need a firmware update to support the new 3x RAM discs, Thats probably why they told you it needs to go to a Panasonic engineer

3. DaisyandMe

DaisyandMe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply.

Has anyone done a firmware update on this DMR-E30 in UK? - I remember seeing a USA (I think) download but not recommended for UK.

Also, why am I able to use the LM-AF120LE that Panasonic sent me without any problems when I have 10 of the same disks which won't work at all?