• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Panasonic 380, 780, 880 Freeview machines audio out.

Vic37

Standard Member
Do these machines have L and R audio out through RCA sockets so I could connect to a hifi amplifier (no HDMI, digital or co-ax sockets)? The manuals have a diagram implying them on p.89 but no photos.
I might like to play audio CDs with it and not have to turn on the TV, as my CD deck is getting rather creaky.
The Panasonic website quotes "Audio Out: AV1 / AV2 (21 pin), Audio Out (pin jack)". I've never heard the term 'pin jack' but maybe it's the same as an RCA jack (socket). I wonder why they don't use the usual names Scart and RCA?

Thanks

Gavtech

Administrator
Do these machines have L and R audio out through RCA sockets so I could connect to a hifi amplifier (no HDMI, digital or co-ax sockets)? The manuals have a diagram implying them on p.89 but no photos.
I might like to play audio CDs with it and not have to turn on the TV, as my CD deck is getting rather creaky.
The Panasonic website quotes "Audio Out: AV1 / AV2 (21 pin), Audio Out (pin jack)". I've never heard the term 'pin jack' but maybe it's the same as an RCA jack (socket). I wonder why they don't use the usual names Scart and RCA?

Thanks

Bizarrely these manuals are the first I have known from Panasonic that have not included a detailed labelled rear view diagram of the unit.

There is actually a rear view of the machine on page 123 of the BW780 / 880 manual but it is small and unlabelled.

But to get to your central question- Yes - They have L and R audio outs [Phono] which they refer to as Pin Jacks.

Vic37

Standard Member
Thank you for your reply. I had downloaded the manuals, but admit I hadn't looked as far as p.123. I guess the three sockets next to the scarts are video and audio out.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom